We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much min time required for Mount Jenner

Lahore, Pakistan
Level Contributor
137 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How much min time required for Mount Jenner

hi, how much time is enough to go from Salzburg to Berchtesgaden to Mt. Jenner and back to Berchtesgaden for train to Munich?

Could you please let me know so that I can book my tickets accordingly.

Also if I have bayern ticket for Munich-Salzburg-Munich, can I use it for my Berchtesgaden stopover or do I have to purchase separate tickets?

I asked this question in other thread but it was not getting any reply so thought to ask the specific question in a thread so somebody might have at look at it. Actually i do not have a lot of time left to finalize the plan.

Thanks in anticipation!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
4,018 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much min time required for Mount Jenner

Hi,

We've only been by car, but Salzburg to Berchtesgaden is about 30 to 40 minutes and Berchtesgaden to the Jennerbahn is maybe 5 to 10 minutes.

Paul

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How much min time required for Mount Jenner

The bus from Salzburg to Berchtesgaden RR station takes about 45 min, and costs about EUR4.50. The bus from the B'gdn RR station to the Koenigsee/Jenner stop is about 20 minutes. For that you can use the Bavarian ticket.

The gondola lift on the Jenner Bergbahn takes about 15 minutes to the top; there is a halfway station, but you can stay in the same gondola.

If you buy a Bavarian ticket you can travel on the same day and same ticket Munich - Salzburg and Berchtesgaden RR station Koenigsee/Jenner and back to Munich.

You can also travel on that ticket Munich- Salzburg - (by train) Salzburg - Berchtegaden, and B'gdn - Munich. But the train Slazburg - B'gdn takes longer than the bus Salzburg - Berchtesgaden

Edited: 08 April 2012, 08:22
Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
9,309 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much min time required for Mount Jenner

It is not exactly clear but it appears you want to go from Munich to Salzburg then Salzburg to Berchtesgaden then Berchtesgaden back to Munich all on one day.

Please can you confirm your EXACT itinerary and EXACT day, date and number in group. Do you wish to spend time in Salzburg before proceeding to Berchtesgaden

The Bayern ticket is valid on ALL Regional transport in Bavaria including the 840 bus service from Salzburg to Berchtesgaden.

BERCHTESGADEN from Salzburg

First take the 840 Bus from Salzburg to Berchtesgaden

rvo-bus.de/site/…840.pdf

then the 841 to the Jennerbahn

rvo-bus.de/site/…841.pdf

To get back to Munich from Berchtesgaden you take the train from Berchtesgaden to Freilassing then pick up a Regional service back to Munich

www.bahn.de for rail services

Bayern Ticket T&Cs bahn.de/i/…laender-ticket.shtml and click on Bayern

Assuming Munich-Salzburg-Berchtesgaden-Munich

If you go during the week as the Bayern Ticket is only valid from 9am the first train you can get to Salzburg departs Munich Ost at 09:50 arriving Salzburg at 11:42

So do you want to sightsee in Salzburg AND still get to Berchtesgaden

You should also be aware that sometimes the Jennerbahn may not be fully operational (e.g. today it is only running every hour) and it is closed between 16-27 April

This is why EXACT itineraries are important.

4. Re: How much min time required for Mount Jenner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 17:47