We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little tourist train

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Little tourist train

How do you get from the train station to the little tourist train stop. We are visiting on a cruise that embarks at Villefrance and i believe we need a train from there to Monaco station

4 replies to this topic
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,080 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Little tourist train

Exit the train station at the Port (middle exit, stairs down from mid way down the platform) and take bus 1 or 2 to the terminus on the Rocher. From there follow the signs to the Oceanographic Museum, the Petit Train leaves from a stop opposite.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Little tourist train

Thanks Moth, much appreciated. I presume we need to purchase a bus ticket return when we exit the station? or can we purchase on the bus itself?

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Little tourist train

Also heard we can walk to the little train by following the 3 travelators under ground at the station in the direction of Nice then at road level walk to the tunnels that go under the gardens and come up at the Palace, is this any easier Moth?

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,080 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Little tourist train

Your source is inaccurate, the easiest route is the one I gave you.

You can indeed take three travelators but there are NO tunnels under the gardens that come up at the Palace. If you prefer to walk, of course you can. Take the three travelators, exit towards the street, turn left towards the rock, then walk up the Rampe Major. It's a very pleasant walk if you are relatively fit.

You can buy a bus ticket from the driver, €2 per person single, or from the machine €1.50 per person single.

Reply to: Little tourist train
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted