We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2018 Monaco F1 GP bars/pubs to watch race

Belfast N.Ireland..
Level Contributor
119 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
2018 Monaco F1 GP bars/pubs to watch race

Hi, I have booked a trip to Nice/Monaco for race week in May.

We have tickets for Thursday & Saturday practice in two grandstands.

With the price of race tickets for Sunday and not wanting to go for the general admission tickets as heard it isnt great my question is.

Are there any bars close by that you could sit and have a couple of beers and lunch?

Do they all need pre-booked or are there any pub types were you could just call in on race day?

I have seen Cafe de Paris etc but they don't seem to have released their 2018 prices yet.

Any help is much appreciated.

7 replies to this topic
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,084 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2018 Monaco F1 GP bars/pubs to watch race

Over the Grand Prix weekend, the only places you can 'sit and have a couple of beers and lunch' are in people's homes. But yes, there are a lot of bars and restaurants with tv screens that will enable you to watch the race and have a good time.

Try anywhere along the beach, Murphy's bar nearby, or Stars N Bars on the port. The Cafe de Paris will make the race day grandstand prices look cheap, but it's a great experience. Once you decide where you want to be, book ahead if you can. This is the busiest time of the year and while there are many places that don't take bookings ahead of time - because of the unreliability of the clientele that week - they are not the ones with screens to watch the race. If your chosen venue doesn't accept bookings, aim to arrive very early, it's the only way to be sure.

Belfast N.Ireland..
Level Contributor
119 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2018 Monaco F1 GP bars/pubs to watch race

Moth thank you for the information. We would love to go to the Cafe de Paris but sadly our budget wouldn't stretch that far but I will keep saving :)

My idea would be to go to Stars n bars as it sounds perfect. I have been searching online and can't really find any information about entry fee or if tickets are needed for race day.

We are really looking forward to just being in Monaco on race weekend as it is a place we have always wanted to visit!

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,084 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2018 Monaco F1 GP bars/pubs to watch race

Stars n Bars will definitely charge on any of the days of the weekend and are usually relatively late posting prices. But they are all English speakers there and you could telephone for more information without fear of being misunderstood. You may be able to get an idea by googling their 2017 prices...

Belfast N.Ireland..
Level Contributor
119 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2018 Monaco F1 GP bars/pubs to watch race

Yes Moth I totally understand places will charge in and I expect it to be expensive which is ok.

I am just trying to get people's opinion/experiences if they have watched the race anywhere and enjoyed it.

I will make out a list of places and run around.

Again cheers for the help!

Silverstone, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: 2018 Monaco F1 GP bars/pubs to watch race

We are looking for similar information. Many thanks sally

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2018 Monaco F1 GP bars/pubs to watch race

My sister and bro-in-law watched the race in the Ship & Castle in Fontville last year as they had left it too late to book Stars & Bars. They arrived at the pub early and there was plenty of choice of tables in front of large screens dotted around the pub. They said staff were great, food average as typical pub grub.

From memory Stars & Bars was Euro 30 for the Sunday last year and they started taking bookings Feb/Mar time, but don’t quote me on that!

Good luck.

Belfast N.Ireland..
Level Contributor
119 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2018 Monaco F1 GP bars/pubs to watch race

I think we are going to book Stars n Bars. I have been in contact with them and the passes will be on sale at end of March/start of April.

It sounds perfect for what we are looking.

Reply to: 2018 Monaco F1 GP bars/pubs to watch race
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted