We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter from Nice to Monaco vv.?

Finland
Level Contributor
427 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Helicopter from Nice to Monaco vv.?

Hi,

coming to Monte Carlo at the end of this month. Wondering how to get there from Nice Airport. I have read that a helicopter would be a great option, costing like 150 euros or less one way. But I have only found helicopter rides costing more than 200 euros one way. Does it depend so much on the time of arrival or is there some cheaper company that I just haven´t found?

Thank you very much in advance for your comments!

4 replies to this topic
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helicopter from Nice to Monaco vv.?

Monacair has the concession and I just had a look at departures from Nice on the last Friday afternoon of the month. They are all at EUR160.

Yes there are variations in price according to date and time of day, but EUR200 looks odd. Maybe you are looking at prices through an agent?

Finland
Level Contributor
427 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helicopter from Nice to Monaco vv.?

Thanks for your reply! It was Heliair that I checked earlier. Now I checked Monacair and it was even more expensive, it was 280 one way, 560 euros return. Maybe your price was per person? We are two people.

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helicopter from Nice to Monaco vv.?

Well, yes I would only check the fare for one person, since that was what you seemed to be referring to. It's not a price per helicopter, it's a price per seat, these are expensive machines. Your price is exactly what you were led to expect, ie 140.

A taxi would cost around €100 and take about the same time door to door, but of course wouldn't be as exciting.

Finland
Level Contributor
427 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helicopter from Nice to Monaco vv.?

Thanks again!

You are right, taxi is quite boring compared to a helicopter. ;)

Reply to: Helicopter from Nice to Monaco vv.?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted