We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elysium vs Amavi

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
6 helpful votes
Elysium vs Amavi
Save

Hi guys

I’m so torn between the 2 hotels. We stayed at the elysium about 8 years ago but can’t decide whether to give this new hotel a go. Help!

12 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Limassol City, Cyprus, Limassol
Level Contributor
13,792 posts
328 reviews
240 helpful votes
1. Re: Elysium vs Amavi
Save

We have also stayed at the Elysiium in the past and were booked to go to the Amavi at the beginning of the pandemic. It was of course cancelled so we have never tried the Amavi but had heard enough about it to want to try it.

It does have the advantage of being closer to everything and brand new. A difficult decision but we will definitely try it at some point.

Bournemouth, United...
11 posts
2. Re: Elysium vs Amavi
Save

We are going to Elysium 8th September all being well, fingers crossed! Hope it’s as good as it looks.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
52,430 posts
35 reviews
111 helpful votes
3. Re: Elysium vs Amavi
Save

Two totally different locations;

the Amavi is close to the harbour area of Paphos and is a 15 minute stroll along the coastal path. There is a lot more going on around the immediate area around the hotel. It's new and very modern in styling.

the Elysium is a lovely 5 star luxury property but it is a fair distance away from Paphos harbour so less going on in the immediate surrounds. There is a coastal path, which will take around 45 minutes to 1 hour to walk to the harbour and there are frequent buses from the main road, which is a short walk from the hotel.

I guess it's your call whether you opt for something you know or something new

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,792 posts
328 reviews
240 helpful votes
4. Re: Elysium vs Amavi
Save

Sandra the Elysian is a very nice hotel, I think that you will like it. It is a good walk from the main Paphos area though.

England
Level Contributor
2,747 posts
11 reviews
47 helpful votes
5. Re: Elysium vs Amavi
Save

Elyseum is a short walk from Tomb of the Kings Avenue - if that appeals to you.

We prefer the other side of Paphos.

Elyseum has fantastic grounds and gardens and is. in a quiet location, down a street from TotK Ave. It has direct access to the sea front walk and beach. A great hotel if you like to stay at the hotel all day, I would say. Make sure to get a sea view room though - a lot have views of the gardens.

Amavi is located off the sea front and a short walk to the harbour. All rooms have sea views. It looks very luxe but I believe the drinks are very expensive.

Bournemouth, United...
11 posts
6. Re: Elysium vs Amavi
Save

We do like a walk and running path so sounds ideal

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
561 posts
139 reviews
158 helpful votes
7. Re: Elysium vs Amavi
Save

Cannot comment on Elysium but have been fortunate to stay twice in the Amavi. Classy hotel all areas pristine and beachfront just behind path towards harbour. Food was very good and we enjoyed the option of swopping dinner for lunch allowing us to eat out-with the hotel on a few evenings.The rooms are very comfortable and all are full sea-view. I particularly enjoyed the balcony which offered amazing sunrise and sunset views. Only downside in my opinion is the fact that the hotel is very quiet in the evening as many folks choose to head the short coastal stroll into Paphos . The entertainment is very low key ( similar to Elysium) and we found the lounges were not well frequented, possibly due to high prices. Some of the cocktails were amazing! If a quiet classy, child free , well run hotel is what you are after the Amavi may fit the bill

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
143 reviews
88 helpful votes
8. Re: Elysium vs Amavi
Save

I agree with everything Katrinamac has said about the Amavi. We have also stayed at The Elysium & it is a lovely hotel but I feel The Amavi has the slight edge in that it offers HB+ which gives guests a bottle of halfway decent wine or 2 beers with dinner, or lunch if you swap & all the rooms are seaview. The Amavi also has 3 really lovely A la carte restaurants & you can dine once a week at each if you book HB+.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,792 posts
328 reviews
240 helpful votes
9. Re: Elysium vs Amavi
Save

Thomsgran the dining options are part of the reason we booked to go to the Amavi as well as the opportunity to try a new hotel. It sounds great.

We hope to book again when we are ready to travel.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
143 reviews
88 helpful votes
10. Re: Elysium vs Amavi
Save

Twigs We went to The Amavi in September 2019 & really couldn’t fault it. Yes, the drinks in the bar are expensive but there are plenty of places around to get a cheaper drink & you can take your bottle of wine from the restaurant into the bar if you haven’t polished it off already. We are booked to go again in about four weeks & can’t wait. The Atrion (Secret Garden) opposite The Alexander the Great is a lovely venue for a light lunch or for a change of scenery for dinner if you want to swap. We weren’t sure if we would want to travel just now with all the restrictions in place but having had three lots of surgery in 18 months I need to start living again. I do hope you get to go once you feel able to travel again,

Reply to: Elysium vs Amavi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.