We are planning a trip for summer 2019 and have started looking for flights. We will be flying from Atlanta and would enjoy a couple of days in Copenhagen before continuing to the islands for 3-4 days. I do not have a lot of experience booking international flights so I have a few questions.
1) Are there any concerns with booking two different itineraries (one with KLM, Delta, etc and one with Atlantic Airways) to accommodate the stay in Copenhagen? I have found flights with these carriers that would allow 2 days in Copenhagen on the departure route and 2 hours layover in Copenhagen on the returning route.
2) If I book two different itineraries, will I need to exit the terminal in Copenhagen to check in with the second carrier?
3) When I fly from the Faroe Islands into Copenhagen, will I need to go through customs before continuing to the US (requiring more time for the layover)?
4) Should I expect airfare to drop dramatically between now and summer 2019?
5) Any other watch-outs? I'm a novice and advice is greatly appreciated!