We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Fort st Elmo War Museum

leeds
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Parking at Fort st Elmo War Museum

Hi

My husband wants to visit the war museum. We have 3 year old twins and one using a pushchair due to additional needs. Is there a car park nearby we can use? Thank you

4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
1. Re: Parking at Fort st Elmo War Museum

I don't think there is a car park nearby, we parked on the street out front a couple of times without too much problem.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
6,074 posts
160 reviews
2. Re: Parking at Fort st Elmo War Museum

Parking anywhere around that area is a considerable challenge. Any vacant spots usually get swallowed up pretty quickly, especially by workers who arrive early and shoppers at the weekend.

Be aware when entering Valletta by car, use the outer road only or there is a Controlled Vehicular Access zone with a charge. Forget to pay this and your hire car company may wallop you with fees.

https://secure.cva.gov.mt/

I'm not sure if you are here yet but bring buggies for all toddlers as we always found it massively helpful on holiday. You could then park in the multi-storey and walk through Valletta.

Another option would be the golf buggy taxi system from the city gates, to the fort. Kids would likely love that too.

leeds
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Parking at Fort st Elmo War Museum

Thank you are here already have only a single pushchair so have one on foot but I do have a sling too but she’s heavy for long distances. Is it a far walk from the multi story?

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
6,074 posts
160 reviews
4. Re: Parking at Fort st Elmo War Museum

To be honest, right through the heart of Valletta. It's a small city but still quite a trek. I imagine around 25 minutes or so.

Not sure if you have been to Valletta as yet, but you simply go down the main street, Republic Street.

It's full of shops and cafes and is a day out in its own right. Full of distractions!

The noon day gun at Upper Barrakka Gardens is worth a look too.

I certainly would consider the urban golf buggy taxi if it were me, or chance your arm initially on finding a space by driving there. Just be sure to get on that outer road! You can access this by travelling down towards The Excelsior Hotel, in effect turning left after the arcade arches of Floriana. Those will be quite clear, as you approach the city.

Reply to: Parking at Fort st Elmo War Museum
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Valletta
Recent Conversations