We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overflow Restaurant, Qawra

Malta
Level Contributor
55 posts
16 reviews
Overflow Restaurant, Qawra

Does anyone know where Donna and Charlie are since they left the Overflow Restaurant and moved on?

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
190 reviews
1. Re: Overflow Restaurant, Qawra

This is a disaster .... I hope they are just on holiday!

It may be worth asking in the red lion pub as his son was particularly friendly with Donna & Charlie's daughter.

Someone get in there and check out the new owners. One of my most favourite restaurants.

I got to wait another 28 days to check it out

Malta
Level Contributor
55 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Overflow Restaurant, Qawra

We went for our wedding anniversary in April and there was an Italian chef and an new lady managing front of house who didn't really talk to us apart to take our money when we paid! My husband's meal was passable but my steak diane wasn't very good. Although the menu was much the same, you could tell that Charlie wasn't in the kitchen and without Donna and their daughters outside the atmosphere was very flat and all those special little touches had gone.

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
190 reviews
3. Re: Overflow Restaurant, Qawra

By the way Charlie and Donna have moved to Mellieha ... Retirement?

The Overflow is now owned by Paolo & Sandra D'Arrigo

London, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: Overflow Restaurant, Qawra

Scube

But is it any good now?

I'm going out for a holiday at the end of September with some friends who haven't been to Malta before. I've been raving about the Overflow for months now, so if it's no good I'll really be in for it!

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
190 reviews
5. Re: Overflow Restaurant, Qawra

I still like it. The menu is pretty well the same and I have no complaints with the food at all.

Sandra runs front of house while Paolo is the chef. He is a patissiere but still cooks a mean steak. .. If I had to have a gripe it would be that he likes to use a scoop of mash as part of the garnish and I hate mash!! A quick word and it comes without now :-)

6. Re: Overflow Restaurant, Qawra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 12:49
Get answers to your questions about Sliema
Recent Conversations