We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days in Gozo itinerary

Cambridge
Level Contributor
444 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
10 days in Gozo itinerary

I'll be arriving in Gozo in about a months time and staying for 10days. There are 3 of us, myself and my 15 year old daughter and my husband, We are staying in a villa (with pool) in Gharb.

My husband would like a relaxing holiday by pool, and so long as there's internet access daughter is happy, but we'd obviously like to see some of Gozo/Malta

I've drawn up a rough itinerary and would greatly appreciate any feedback/advice on it. (if there's a time associated with description then it is booked)

Day 1 - arrive Malta, pick up hire car 11.20am (hopefully), Make our way to villa, possibly stopping on way as it could be 4.00pm before we can get in. Do a food shop etc relax

Day 2 - half a day trip to beach? = Hondoq or Ir-Ramla

Day 3 - Explore Gharb - craft market, Gozo glass?, folk museum? Ta Pinu. Ta Mena wine tour pick up 4.00pm

Day 4 - Early ferry to Malta (8.00am?) Explore Valletta am.Hypogeum tour 2.00pm (yes we have tickets) Afterwards Hagar Qim/Mnajdra temples

Day 5 -Boat/jeep combi tour of Gozo/Comino 8.45am-5.00pm

Village festa at Ghajnsielem in evening

Day 6 - Relax in villa

Day 7 -Day trip to Comino? or anything else we want to redo from tour

Day 8 - Victoria (Rabat), Ggantija temples, Pomskizllious Toy Museum, Tal-Massar Winery (drop in for tasting only as opposed to full tour of vineyard)

Day 9 - half a day trip to beach? = Hondoq or Ir-Ramla (or whatever we still need to do)

Day 10 - leave villa in morning, ferry to Malta, explore Mdina/Rabat, drop car back at airport at 3.45pm. Fly home :(

I also would like to fit in a spa treatment at Kempiski Hotel, San Lawrenz - will I be able to book this when I arrive?

Is this too much? (probably!) Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,284 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days in Gozo itinerary

I have to say that bearing in mind that it will probably be quite hot, this is the most realistic itinerary I have seen in a long time - well done !

On day 1, you might want to consider stocking up at the Supermarket in Burmerad on the way to the ferry, rather than leaving it until you get to Gozo (although because of the heat, it may be better to buy frozen stuff nearer to where you are staying).

P-t-B

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,168 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days in Gozo itinerary

re Day 5...Jeep Safari etc. We did similar but from Malta, got back about 6.30, family thought they will have a little lie down before going out at night to a festa....guess what! I couldnt wake them (2 adults), we ended up not going out even to eat they were so tired. Now I went on the trip with them but I wasnt as tired...possible reason... I drank water they had a couple of beers & possibly a glass of wine, it was very hot. So if you really want to enjoy the festa...take it easy re drinking during the day, can makeup for it during the night, wear hats or whatever to protect from the sun & drink lots of water..August will be hot. Enjoy Gozo. ps I liked Hondoq good if your 15 yr old likes diving...saw lots of teenagers jumping off rocks but also some sandy beach & shallow water nearby if not a swimmer.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,168 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 days in Gozo itinerary

Day 4...by the time you do the Hypogyeum it will be about 3.00 or so before you finish...I think it will be too late to get to Hagar Qim/Mnajdra temples, best to check what time they will close or the latest they let you in.

Erding, Germany
Level Contributor
46 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 days in Gozo itinerary

I will also be in Gharb with my husband and 17 year old daughter at the same time! Have not planned too much because we want to mostly relax by the pool and beach, and it will be hot, and we were on Gozo over 20 years ago (!) but it will be nice to see some sights again. I may steal some ideas from your itinerary! Have you booked your boat/jeep tour of Gozo/Comino already and if so where?

Phil-the-bus: what time does the supermarket in Burmerad close on a Saturday evening?

Cambridge
Level Contributor
444 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 days in Gozo itinerary

Combi tour is booked at below

www.barbarossa-excursions.com/combitour.php

Did wonder if we might be a bit tired after tour for festa - we'll have to see.

Last entry Hagar Qim/Mnajdr is 18.30 (summer hours) according to Heritage Malta - can anyone confirm this?

Not sure how much room we'll have in car for supermarkewt shop before we dump luggage at villa so will probably wait until we get to Gharb (especially with hot weather). Was going to use Lighthouse supermarket - I believe there is one in Gharb and Ghasri - which is best?

Thanks

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
7,704 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 days in Gozo itinerary

I believe the Lighthouse supermarket is in Ghasri which is right next to Gharb.

So it is the same place.

It is an excellent supermarket and will have everything you need .

A good selection of locally made breads and lots of fruit and vegeatables.

Oh yes plenty of beers and wine.

Graham

Cambridge
Level Contributor
444 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 days in Gozo itinerary

According to the yellow pages there are 2, one in Gharb, Triq Frangisk Portelli

Għarb and one in Ghasri Triq Il Fanal, L-Għasri. Anyone know which is best? (and one in Victoria)

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,284 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 10 days in Gozo itinerary

In answer to Crunchiefan's question, Scotts supermarket in Burmurrad closes at 8pm - see www.scotts.com.mt/scotts/content.aspx… .

P-t-B

Cambridge
Level Contributor
444 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 10 days in Gozo itinerary

I need to check but I don't think we will be able to take over our villa until about 4.00pm We have an early flight and if we go straight to ferry will probably be on Gozo before 1pm. Any suggestions what we should do - hang around Malta and catch a later ferry or do something on Gozo. The hire car will obviously be full of our belongings (some in plain sight in the car as I don't think the boot will take everything) - will our stuff be safe if we go "sightseeing"?

Erding, Germany
Level Contributor
46 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 10 days in Gozo itinerary

Thank you to Phil-the-bus for the tip on Scott´s Supermarket. We did stop there on the way to the ferry and got a few things. Next day went to Lighthouse Supermarket in Gharb but they are much smaller and didn´t have everything we needed. But they are open on Sundays till about 1 pm. St Mary´s Supermarket in Victoria is also not bad. We passed by Lighthouse Supermarkets in Ghasri and Marsalforn. Went to Malta for a day during our stay and stocked up again at Scott´s!

Get answers to your questions about Island of Gozo
Recent Conversations