We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Malta

NC
Level Contributor
86 posts
11 reviews
Air Malta

Has anyone Ever had their carry-on bags weighed or sized??

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Air Malta

If I remember correctly , 10 kgs is the maximum , but 7kgs should be the normal .

Trying to get past the gate with anything bigger will probably get you to send your bags to the hold at the last moment , with a good chance of missing the flight .

It was not normal practice for Airmalta to weigh hand luggage , in the past , but every kilo of hand luggage needs extra fuel to carry it back home !

Edited: 11 March 2012, 13:48
Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Air Malta

The hand luggage needs to be sized , to fit comfortably into the overhead compartments ,for the safety of your fellow travellers in the unlikely event of an emergency evacuation ....no clutter in the escape route .

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Air Malta

Each passenger is allowed to carry 1 piece of hand baggage. The dimensions should not exceed 20 cms x 40 cms x 55 cms and it should not weigh more than 10 kgs. Any hand baggage exceeding these dimensions will not be accepted as cabin baggage but will have to be shipped in the aircraft hold

Malta
Level Contributor
55 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Air Malta

Yes but they never used to. Seems to be this last two or three years they are becoming more strict about it. Travelling Malta to Manchester I don't think they have ever checked but coming back they always ask to see what the hand baggage is and sometimes want to weigh it. Usually the same person doing the check in is at the departure gate and they do seem to be keeping an eye out for excessive hand baggage although they don't have that sizing rack like Ryanair do.

NC
Level Contributor
86 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Air Malta

I should be very clear--I have no intention of carrying an oversized bag. I have to carry on a piece of medical equipment weighing about 10 lbs., and if I am overweight on my small backpack, it would only be by a pound or so. Was just curious who finicky I need to be with that.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Air Malta

http://www.airmalta.com/free-baggage

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
22 reviews
7. Re: Air Malta

http://airmalta.com/baggage?l=1

Should answer your questions

8. Re: Air Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 17:13