We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fuel Surcharges

ptrevor4
Level Contributor
113 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Fuel Surcharges

Hi there, anyone know if fuel surcharges are still added by Air Malta,with fuel prices having fallen by over 50% since I booked my holiday last July.I tried to contact Air Malta but failed.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
3,272 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fuel Surcharges

They were still adding a fuel surcharge a couple of days ago when I priced flights from Amsterdam. Try emailing Air Malta, they usually respond very quickly.

London, United...
Level Contributor
941 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fuel Surcharges

....they were still charging it in November.

Malta
Level Contributor
55 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fuel Surcharges

They were still charging it (52 euros) a few days ago when I was checking out prices for flights to Manchester.

Bugibba, Malta
Destination Expert
for Bugibba
Level Contributor
860 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Fuel Surcharges

Was there talk of Air Malta stopping fuel surcharge ??

I got a price of about £60 return,but the charges put it above £200 which I refused to pay !

Malta
Level Contributor
55 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fuel Surcharges

I have never heard anything official about them stopping the fuel surcharge. Public opinion seems to be that they should be thinking about at least reducing it in view of the falling fuel prices but Air Malta don't seem to be listening.

Malta
Level Contributor
55 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fuel Surcharges

Does anyone know if you book a flight and pay the fuel surcharge and then subsequently the flight surcharge is reduced before you travel, will the airline refund the difference?

west yorks
Level Contributor
188 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fuel Surcharges

I think were all been taken for a ride,in more ways than one,By Air Malta they seem totaly unaware the price of fuel is down by 2 thirds, you have more chance of juggling soot than getting a refund hope im wrong though .

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,214 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fuel Surcharges

From Air Malta, you must be joking!

9. Re: Fuel Surcharges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 18:46