We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qawara Palace Hotel are we in the middle of nowhere

Merseyside
Level Contributor
91 posts
4 reviews
Qawara Palace Hotel are we in the middle of nowhere

Flying in Monday 3rd November. Booked this hotel (package holiday) in a rush as the prices seems to be changing daily, not having time to read your informative forum. Are we going to be stuck out somewhere with nowhere to walk to or see. Everyone seems to be recommending the Sliema St. Julians area.

I can see we can get buses everywhere which is fine, but around our location what is it like, can anyone help so we know what to expect a bit. We are in our early 60's (looks so old in print) but of course we feel 35.

Any help at all appreciated. Thank you, looks like the weather won't be too bad either.

Regards Steph

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
178 reviews
1. Re: Qawara Palace Hotel are we in the middle of nowhere

Hi .. No you are not stuck in the middle of nowhere.. the hotel is a little past its best but it is ok as a base so no worries there. Come out of the front door of the hotel turn left and first left up the hill (sorry it is a bit step but not long) follow the road along and the bus terminus is on the right with several restaurants nearby.

From the terminus you can walk down the other side of the hill to the seafront (again!!) and along into Bugibba.

Don't panic .. just enjoy

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Qawara Palace Hotel are we in the middle of nowhere

Relax, you have a nice seafront to walk along , with bars and shops , the bus terminus is 5 minutes walk away and the area is safe and touristy.

Good restaurants and also localswho will help you out , apart from thr hotel staff.

I am not sure but I also think you a

have an indoor pool

I will get a link for you so you can watch the area on a satellite map.

Look forward to nice holiday and plan your bus rides to anywhere in Malta in 30 minutes.

Most of the people on this forum recommend Sliema but Bugibba/Qawra is a good location too.

Malta
Level Contributor
55 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Qawara Palace Hotel are we in the middle of nowhere

Hi. It is true Qawra/Bugibba area is quieter in the winter months and that is why everyone recommends Sliema but by no means are you in the middle of no where. In fact we drive over to Qawra from Sliema at this time of year to enjoy an afternoon walk on the promenade and tea/cakes in either the Qawra Palace coffee shop or Luzzu coffee shop/snack bar across the road. Everywhere in Malta is within easy reach as it is small and is well served by the buses. Today the weather has been beautiful - a sunny and comfortable 26 degrees and the forecast looks promising. Enjoy your holiday.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Qawara Palace Hotel are we in the middle of nowhere

Good evening Scubapro,

You beat me to it by 3 minutes.If you are in Malta , the weather was great for a dive today.

Anyway I promised a link for a satellite view of Qawra and here it is.

After you go to this site, click on More on the upper right hand corner and click on Photos to have a web tour of qawra with photos...enjoy

maps.google.com/maps/mm…

If it doesn't work first time I will try again :-)

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: Qawara Palace Hotel are we in the middle of nowhere

The link works, but I will try a closer one with the Bus terminus and the Qawra hotel smack in the centre.Scuba gave you the directions and I will add that if you go past the bus terminus and walk for 4 minutes , you could spot me in the balcony on my laptop, right now.

Enjoy your holiday, cos the forecast looks good

maps.google.com/maps/mm…

ciao

Malta
Level Contributor
55 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: Qawara Palace Hotel are we in the middle of nowhere

Hello 643amc. Brilliant link. Will keep me occupied for a couple of hours! Regards Luzzu

Merseyside
Level Contributor
91 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Qawara Palace Hotel are we in the middle of nowhere

Hi All, Wonderful replies and that link, fantastic, I will go on again in daylight tomorrow. Thank you for all your help. I feel a lot happier now.

Regards Steph

8. Re: Qawara Palace Hotel are we in the middle of nowhere

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 13:50