We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malta direct

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
Malta direct
Save

Hi everyone. This is not really a question, but an update on a recent trip that may help others. I also particularly wanted to say that we travelled with Malta direct with ryanair flights and can honestly say that despite my anxiety the whole trip went extremely smoothly.

At the uk airport (liverpool) we dropped our bags in at the ryanair desk easily and got through security quickly. At boarding, staff checked our vaccination status and that we had the Passenger locator form completed for Malta. Flight was great, on arrival at Malta we picked up our bags, and after that we were filtered to a desk where staff checked our PLF was completed and refined these- they also checked our vaccination status again. This look less than 5 minutes. It is very well organised- they have about 20 desks and even a separate one for families with children so all the smooth. A taxi was waiting to pick us up and off we went to our hotel (Dolmen) which was also great. On return, staff at check in looked at our return to the UK form and the fit to fly certificate (we had both of these in e format saved on our phone) and gave us a slip of paper confirming that the documents had been checked. We showed this at security and surrendered it on boarding. Again very quick and smooth.

We took antigen tests with us to carry out on Resort and had to simply send a photograph to the company showing test, barcode and passport - fit to fly certificate came back very quickly. Overall, it was much easier than I expected and I would be confident going away to Malta again. I hope this puts someone’s mind at rest. We have been to Malta dozens of times (used to stay on Comino a lot) and are glad we can still do so.

2 replies to this topic
gateshead
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: Malta direct
Save

This is really helpful I’ve been looking at Malta direct for our next trip. Never stayed at the dolmen before (always stay bugibba/qawra) but it has been coming up at reasonable price recently.

Galway
Level Contributor
628 posts
83 reviews
65 helpful votes
2. Re: Malta direct
Save

At 00.30 on Aug 17th the Q for checking the PLF etc. Was approx. 90-120 mins.

Just a heads up

Reply to: Malta direct
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.