We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Guardia Parade

England
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
177 reviews
Save Topic
In Guardia Parade

We are two seniors planning a holiday in Sliema in September. We'd love to see the In Guardia Parade at Fort St Elmo, but are confused to see it quoted as being in Birgu (Vittoriosa) and then seeing Fort St Elmo on a street map of Valletta. Can someone please tell us exactly how to get to this place from our Preluna Hotel so that we get there by 10.30am. We'd very much appreciate some help. Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
hampshire_UK
Level Contributor
1,901 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In Guardia Parade

I understand the confusion - the parade normally takes place at Fort St. Elmo in Valletta, but does occasionally take place at Fort St Angelo in Birgu. I've had a look at the Visit Malta events calendar for September (and it is not always 100% complete)and can't see any Birgu parades in Sept. To get to Fort St. Elmo take any bus heading to Valletta from the stop (Chalet) opposite your hotel - nos. 13, 13a,14 or 16. Buses are very busy with tourists on Sunday mornings as many head to Floriana and M'lokk for the Sunday markets, so aim to leave around 9am - if you get to Valletta early you can always have a wander or grab a coffee. From Valletta City Gate a straight 10-15 minute downhill walk gets you to Fort St.Elmo. You can also get the No. 133 Valletta circular bus from the bus station on the hour and half hour to Fossa or Iermu bus stop, both a couple of minutes walk from the fort and the bus takes about 15 minutes.

England
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Guardia Parade

Thank you so much. You're an absolute diamond! :-))

England
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In Guardia Parade

I've been told there isn't a parade on 16th September. Can anyone please confirm this? Would hate to go there only to be disappointed.

Thanks!

hampshire_UK
Level Contributor
1,901 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In Guardia Parade

Eileen - sorry, when I posted originally the planner was incomplete as I mentioned, but I've checked for another post and it is correct that the parade is not taking place at any of the venues during August or September. I have tried the VisitMalta planner to see if there is anything else you might like on, but the site appears to be having some sort of meltdown!

England
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In Guardia Parade

Yes that's my experience too. I am sooo disappointed.

Reply to: In Guardia Parade
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted