We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Accommodation in Saint Julains

1 post
Cheap Accommodation in Saint Julains

Hello,

We are two travellers looking to come to Malta in the end of October for 2 weeks. We want to the stay in the area of Saint Julian's and St. George's Bay.

I tried to find an affordable accommodation in this area, but I can't seem to find something suitable.

Any suggestion or lead would be super useful! We are looking for the price range of 500$ for both of us.

Thank you.

Edited: 03 August 2018, 16:14
9 replies to this topic
Bugibba, Malta
Destination Expert
for Bugibba
Level Contributor
890 posts
1 review
1. Re: Cheap Accommodation in Saint Julains

Burlington Apartments ? Dragonara Apartments ?

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
3,305 posts
113 reviews
2. Re: Cheap Accommodation in Saint Julains

Boho hostel, inhawi boutique hostel and PV Hostel are all within your budget, check Booking.com, or another hotel trawler site, for these and the earlier recommendations from Danny. For this budget you need to have low expectations for the accommodation, since St Julian’s doesn’t really do budget very well. You could also look at the Bugibba/Qawra area which has a better selection of Cheaper hotels and apartments.

Bugibba, Malta
Destination Expert
for Bugibba
Level Contributor
890 posts
1 review
3. Re: Cheap Accommodation in Saint Julains

Travel republic is £134 per person from 17th-31st October on the two places I mentioned. Everything else is too expensive.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,697 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Cheap Accommodation in Saint Julains

Not sure if I would stay in either of those places I would have a look at Sliema just down along the promonade

from St.Julians. Look up Booking.com or Travel Republic.

October is still very busy in Malta so hotel prices do not drop that much look for an apartment or places like the Park Hotel.

British Columbia...
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
5,534 posts
94 reviews
5. Re: Cheap Accommodation in Saint Julains

http://www.inhawi.com/

This is a hostel, but it fits your budget. If you're okay with shared accommodation this would be my recommendation. Good location right at the border of St Julian's and Sliema just up from Balluta Bay across the little gorge from Le Meridian Hotel. I lived on Balluta Bay and found it very convenient though I much preferred Valetta and the Sliema coastline to St. Julian's which is too congested for my liking.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
6,072 posts
160 reviews
6. Re: Cheap Accommodation in Saint Julains

Be VERY cautious as some of the budget stuff is truly dire. Burlington Apartments - reviews on here, speak for themselves. Truly awful. Dragonara Apartments are terrible too.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
6,072 posts
160 reviews
7. Re: Cheap Accommodation in Saint Julains

This might be worth a look for sure:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g19…

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,834 posts
74 reviews
8. Re: Cheap Accommodation in Saint Julains

Your budget for the two of you for a fortnight, will be nie impossible to get something even half decent, I wouldn't touch the burlington with a barge pole, or some of the others mentioned for thst, you've picked the most expensive place on the island apart from Valletta, if you want something half decent then I suggest you change location to bugibba or qawra or st Paul's Bay, or even silema you may be lucky, but don't be surprised if all choices are pretty mediocre with your budget.

Eileen

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
12,937 posts
28 reviews
9. Re: Cheap Accommodation in Saint Julains

You will certainly get a better choice in the Bugibba / St Pauls Bay area.

Contact CHOICE holidays ---- NOT First Choice ans see whether they can help.

Google them and they have a Free phone number --- cost you nothing to ask.

Come to think of it I have a free phone number for them

The number goes through to Malta ,

Worth a try !!

Graham

Reply to: Cheap Accommodation in Saint Julains
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Malta
Recent Conversations