We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any itinerary containing F roads from 22June onwards?

Jamshedpur, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
34 reviews
Any itinerary containing F roads from 22June onwards?

Hello!

Could anyone suggest a driving itinerary of 10 days that includes a few F roads (that are not too dangerous) to drive? Thanks!

Best Seller
Southern Iceland Glaciers, Waterfalls...
573 Reviews
from US$ 99.90*
Best Seller
Golden Circle Classic Day Trip from...
2,221 Reviews
from US$ 64.70*
Best Seller
Golden Circle, Kerid Volcanic Crater...
260 Reviews
from US$ 153.00*
4 replies to this topic
Canada
Level Contributor
10,041 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: Any itinerary containing F roads from 22June onwards?

There are lots of 10 day itineraries already done. Use the search box above your post or use google. People here are all volunteers so the best way to get advice is to do some research , post your itinerary and ask for feedback. You should also know that you are very late in planning and you will find little lodging available or what is at a high price.

Jamshedpur, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Any itinerary containing F roads from 22June onwards?

Hey mathladyca49, thanks for the comments. I have searched the itineraries but as you know, Iceland itineraries are 'month' specific. So itineraries for just the month of June are fewer. I couldn't find any itinerary with F-roads integration, that is why I asked directly. But I agree with your suggestion, let me do some work and post it for the comments. Thanks again!

Boston...
Level Contributor
22,362 posts
693 reviews
3. Re: Any itinerary containing F roads from 22June onwards?

Look for July and August, too.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
4. Re: Any itinerary containing F roads from 22June onwards?

<< I couldn't find any itinerary with F-roads integration, that is why I asked directly. >>

A very small percentage of the visitors who travel to Iceland travel on F roads. It requires a 4x4, at a minimum, and most of the 4x4’s rented by tourists are not suitable for travelling on Iceland’s F roads. Often glacial rivers are encountered and experience is needed to Ford the river safely. Rental car insurance will not cover damage incurred from crossing rivers, in fact it usually voids all insurance coverage purchased, and normally damage to the undercarriage of a car is not covered either. Repairs, if needed will be very expensive!

Some questions that you need to ask yourself before proceeding with your planning:

- do you know what an F road is, and when they might open this year?

- do you know how to ford rivers?

- are you able to pay for car damages not covered by your insurance?

- if this is your first trip, are you aware of how much can be seen without travelling on F roads?

Reply to: Any itinerary containing F roads from 22June onwards?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted