We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train in Dec 2018

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Train in Dec 2018

Hi, am trying to book overnight train tickets from Helsinki to Rovaniemi for Dec 2018. Does any one know if there is any way to book ticket in advance as website asks to book 130 days before travel date. Many thanks

25 replies to this topic
Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
9,447 posts
64 reviews
1. Re: Train in Dec 2018

The website asks you to book 130 days before travel date, right? Well, it's 130 days till 13 December. You can work out the rest for yourself.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Train in Dec 2018

The irony is that it is not letting book for anything beyond 8th Dec so am not sure how 130 days in advance works.

Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
5,016 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Train in Dec 2018

Which we site are you looking at? As far as I know www.vr.fi only allows booking 60 days in advance.

130 days is quite a strange number...

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
187 posts
133 reviews
4. Re: Train in Dec 2018

VR nowadays allows booking 130 days in advance.

However the second Sunday of December is the official train timetable change date in the European Union. VR probably releases the tickets only after they have confirmed the changes in the timetables.

County Tipperary...
1 post
5. Re: Train in Dec 2018

I’m having the very same problem,I want to book the train for the 12th 😞

Kent England
Level Contributor
228 posts
6. Re: Train in Dec 2018

Same here. Can only get upto the 8th :(

Athens
Level Contributor
578 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Train in Dec 2018

Also same here.. I want to book my return on 9th and it allows me only until 8th

Athens
Level Contributor
578 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: Train in Dec 2018

Vr announced: Christmas season night trains on sale from 21.8.2018. Tickets from 9/12/18 and on will be available from 21/8

https://www.vr.fi/cs/vr/en/ajankohtaista_en

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Train in Dec 2018

London, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
27 reviews
10. Re: Train in Dec 2018

Hi everyone, does anyone have the prices? also, how does it work? can you arrive in Helsinki airport, then just get on the train you booked? sorry if I sound stupid I've been on the official site/ticket page and I just really can't work out how to book it, if the trains are regular, how much it would cost....etc. planes from London to Rovaniemi are looking at about 300 pounds total and its pretty steep. planes to Helsinki are way cheaper but I have no idea what the prices are.

Reply to: Train in Dec 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rovaniemi