We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Matkahuolto Bus from Ivalo Village to Santa Claus Village

Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Matkahuolto Bus from Ivalo Village to Santa Claus Village

Hi, I'll be travelling to Ivalo during 2nd week of dec with family of four (two kids and two adults), Nellim Wilderness is able to provide us a drop off at Ivalo Village to take the Matkahuolto bus to Santa Claus Village, Rovaniemi

I need some advise here, thanks in advance!

1) Do i need to purchase the bus ticket in advance online at my country?

2) Can we just purchase the ticket after we had arrived at our accommodation few days later?

3) From which station at Ivalo Village, is it the best for us to get on to the bus?

4) Will Makahuolto bus be able to stop directly at Santa Claus Holiday Village for us to drop off? (this is our main worry)

Thanks!

Rovaniemi, Finland
Level Contributor
2,937 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Matkahuolto Bus from Ivalo Village to Santa Claus Village

1) No.

2) No need to. You can purchase tickets from the driver. There are no on-line discounts on routes within Lapland and with very few exceptions buses are never fully booked. And even then there will be extra buses.

3) There is just one stop - or Matkahuolto service point. Without googling I can't remember where it was, but it shouldn't be hard to find. Probably by some gas station by the main road.

4) Not quite, but it's just some 300 meters away.

Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Matkahuolto Bus from Ivalo Village to Santa Claus Village

Hi, thank you so much for your reply. It clear my doubts!

Singapore, Singapore
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Matkahuolto Bus from Ivalo Village to Santa Claus Village

You can select Matkahuolto : From Ivalo to Santa Claus Village.

We purchased our tickets online, and it allowed us to select seats, and we have a slight discount for travelling as a group 2 Adult + 1 Child.

The bus will drop you off at the bus stop opposite Santa Claus Village.. and you just have to cross a little underpass.

Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Matkahuolto Bus from Ivalo Village to Santa Claus Village

Hi Tokkiejoy, thank you for your advise! :)

5. Re: Matkahuolto Bus from Ivalo Village to Santa Claus Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2018, 16:48