We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockholm - Cruise ship tendering.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
382 reviews
Save Topic
Stockholm - Cruise ship tendering.

We will be on Holland America's Ryndam when she calls in Stockholm on May 26/27. It seems that the ship's location will be 'Boj 1, Fortojninig, PA Strommen which I think means Buoy 1, Strommen anchorage. If I am correct, could anyone please let me know where the ship's tenders will dock. Thank you.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
756 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stockholm - Cruise ship tendering.

I would ask the cruise company about this, or maybe ask the same question on some cruise dedicated forum like for instance Cruise Critic.

I found this link,

http://cruiseportwiki.com/Stockholm

that might be useful for you, but unfortunately I cannot find this particular information.

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
19 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stockholm - Cruise ship tendering.

My cruise ship, HAL "Eurodam" docks at Boj1 Fortojning PA, Strommen. Does that sound correct? Is that far from town? Is there public transportation from the dock to center of town? Thanks

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
756 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stockholm - Cruise ship tendering.

You're basically asking the same question as the OP.

"Boj1 Fortojning PA, Strommen" is a Buoy, and you will be tendered to the quay.

You will need to ask your cruise line where the tenders dock, or try asking on some cruise specific forum.

Don't forget to update this thread once you have that information, as you might not be the last person needing to know this.

Googling for it, I found this thread, on a cruise forum, but it is not so clear, and might be out of date...

cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php…

Edited: 07 May 2014, 02:15
Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
19 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stockholm - Cruise ship tendering.

Thank you. I didn't realize it was a buoy and there were tenders involved. Now that makes much more sense.

Sandy

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
582 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stockholm - Cruise ship tendering.

You will most likely be tendered to Skeppsbron, a part of the Old Town. Boj1, förtöjning på strömmen is one of the more central locations.

http://www.cruisenewser.com/stockholm-port/

"Skeppsbron and Förtöjning På Strömmen are the closest to Galma Stan."

Gamla Stan is Swedish for the Old Town.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stockholm - Cruise ship tendering.

If you click on the cruise ship schedule linked from cruiseportwiki, there is a link to "Find berth on map" confirming it is a mooring buoy very close to Gamla Stan.

Edited: 08 May 2014, 12:11
7. Re: Stockholm - Cruise ship tendering.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 09:46