We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July in the archipelago, really crowded?.

melbourne, australia
Level Contributor
453 posts
July in the archipelago, really crowded?.

Hello,

My family of 4 will be in Stockholm in July and plan to take an all day boat trip around the islands, hopping on and off for snack and meal breaks and walks etc, but I have been reading here how busy it gets in July and I'm wondering if some of the bigger islands get so busy it's impossible to get a table in a cafe?

Are there any islands we should avoid because they are simply too crowded? Are all the islands crowded? We are looking at islands that have a nice harbour for a stroll with cafes and shops etc, any suggestions?

Thanks

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
582 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: July in the archipelago, really crowded?.

Cafes at e.g. Sandhamn can be crowded, but I have always been able to get a table after waiting a short while. I do however also think that a nice options is to buy something at a cafe, and then walk away and eat it sitting close to the water in the harbour.

I wouldn't avoid any of the islands even during the peak of the season. Not all islands are crowded. The smaller ones, where less tourists go (e.g Gällnö) can be almost empty.

London
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: July in the archipelago, really crowded?.

I prefer peak season because you can be certain that everything is open and ferries run a frequent schedule. I dont think it gets too crowded.

melbourne, australia
Level Contributor
453 posts
3. Re: July in the archipelago, really crowded?.

thanks thats good to know

4. Re: July in the archipelago, really crowded?.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 10:45