We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did I get overcharged at Arlanda for my 7-day SL card?

Morgantown, West...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Did I get overcharged at Arlanda for my 7-day SL card?

I spent a week in Stockholm recently. At Arlanda, I bought a 7-day SL card as my best option and used it on public transport to get into town. Now I am looking at my receipts and see I was charged 260 SEK for the SL card and another 20 SEK for "kortforsaljning" (fill in the diacriticals). I see this means "short sales"? Was I charged for something I should not have been?

I also found out later that since I arrived Thursday evening and used my SL card that night, I lost an entire day on my SL card. This doesn't seem quite right, so travelers should understand that you use a day no matter when you first start using the card.

Any feedback?

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
648 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Did I get overcharged at Arlanda for my 7-day SL card?

Hi,

No, you didn't get overcharged. The 7-day travel pass is 260 SEK and the smart card (the plastic card on which the travel pass is stored) is 20 SEK.

Good to know for other travellers is that the 7-day card is validated when you use it for the first time and if you arrive late it could be a good idea to buy a single ticket for the first journey if that is the only trip you will do that evening/night.

The other travel passes are good for 24- or 72 HOURS. But the 7-day travel pass is 7 DAYS.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Did I get overcharged at Arlanda for my 7-day SL card?

There's a certain time after which it counts your first journey on such a card as being on the next day, but I'm not exactly sure when it is yet. Sometime around 10pm or just after I think.

Morgantown, West...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Did I get overcharged at Arlanda for my 7-day SL card?

Thanks so much! At least there was a reason for that charge! Really liked their transportation system otherwise, so it's hard to complain too much...!

Cheers,

PSC

Morgantown, West...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Did I get overcharged at Arlanda for my 7-day SL card?

Thanks so much! At least I know there was a reason for that charge. It's hard to complain when otherwise the Stockholm transportation system is so good!

PSC

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Did I get overcharged at Arlanda for my 7-day SL card?

If you are likely to return then keep the plastic card as you can have your next pass put on it and save the 20 SEK

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
648 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Did I get overcharged at Arlanda for my 7-day SL card?

You should have tried to sell it to an arriving tourist at Arlanda airport for 15 SEK!

The Woods
Level Contributor
51 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Did I get overcharged at Arlanda for my 7-day SL card?

"Kort" can mean both "short" or "card". "Kortförsäljning" would be something like "sales of card"!

Hereford
Level Contributor
318 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Did I get overcharged at Arlanda for my 7-day SL card?

have to echo the OP comments - public transport in Stockholm is excellent, very impressed, perhaps the UK standards are nt a fair comparison lol

9. Re: Did I get overcharged at Arlanda for my 7-day SL card?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 19:48