We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Malmo or Helsingborg?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Malmo or Helsingborg?

Hello all,

I'm planning on flying into Malmo airport and will be visiting Kronborg Castle in Helsingor while I'm in the Copenhagen area. Before traveling to Helsingor, I'm thinking of staying the night in either Malmo or Helsingborg, Sweden. If I stay in Malmo, I'll probably just take the train to Helsingor. If I stay in Helsingborg, I'll be taking the ferry across.

I have a few questions:

1. How much does it cost to take the ferry from Helsingborg to Helsingor?

2. How much does it cost to take the train from Malmo to Helsingor?

3. How much does it cost to take the train from Malmo to Helsingborg?

4. Is the nightlife better in Malmo or Helsingborg?

Thanks!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Malmo or Helsingborg?

1. Ferry will cost approx. SEK 30

2. Train costs SEK 148

3. Train costs SEK 96

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Malmo or Helsingborg?

Thanks! Anybody have ideas on the nightlife in Helsingborg vs. Malmo?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Malmo or Helsingborg?

Malmö is far bigger, varied and popular, also among students, and has larger pedestrianized areas - so, without being an evening visitor there: many more options !

As regards transport, you might ask for an Øresund Rundt ticket at the Malmö Station - it´s a circular ticket Malmö - Cph - Hensingør - Helsingborg - Malmö (or vice versa) with a hop-on-hop-off principle, making it possible to see more sights on the way.

Edited: 15 April 2011, 12:09
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
141 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying in Malmo or Helsingborg?

Hi!

I would be flying into Copenhagen Kastrup Airport and I have 10 hours to tour the area. Would be doing a round trip in the following order: Take the Swebus from Copenhagen Kastrup Airport to Malmo across the Öresund bridge -> tour around Malmo for a few hours, before taking the train to Helsingborg -> take the ferry from Helsingborg to Helsingor -> from Helsingor, take the train back to the Kastrup train station.

Does the starting and ending point of this journey using the Öresund Rundt ticket have to be Malmo Centralstation? Or Malmo Svävarterm? And does it include the buses within Malmo?

Edited: 31 August 2011, 16:38
5. Re: Staying in Malmo or Helsingborg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2016, 17:48