We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rejsekort Anonymous card at Copenhagen Airport?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Rejsekort Anonymous card at Copenhagen Airport?

Hi

I would like to find out if it's possible to purchase the Rejsekot Anonymous card at the Copenhagen Airport or Airport Train Station or Airport Metro Station. Or can I purchase such a card at DSB ticket office at the Airport? Maybe a vending machine, but where is it located?

Will there be another machine closeby for me to top up the card using credit card? I've already called the airport about this and the person didn't even know about the Rejsekort Anonymous card.

We are a family of 3 and will be travelling together from the Airport to the Danhostel Copenhagen City on H. C. Andersens Blvd in the city by taking bus 5C (closest stop to the hostel). We will be making these trips twice, once in June (fly out the next day) and another time in July for the return trip. The rest of the times we will be spending in the city and walking around.

I have read the information on Rejsekort Anonymous from this site https://www.rejsekort.dk/

I am aware of the 80 dkk deposit and 170 dkk minimum balance that I must add. My calculation is 20 dkk per ticket from Airport to the City times 4 trips gives me 80 times 3 passengers gives me 240 dkk + 80 dkk non-refundable deposit and the grand total of 320 dkk.

I'm thought of using the DOT app but unfortunately due my short stay I won't be having any sim card or international plan on my cell. So Rejsekort Anonymous is my best bet besides paying the full simple ticket of 36 dkk.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen Airport
Copenhagen Airport
Kastrup, Denmark
Danhostel Copenhagen City
Danhostel Copenhagen City
950 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
23 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
203 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rejsekort Anonymous card at Copenhagen Airport?

A few years ago I purchase a Rejsekot Anonymous card at the DSB train station at the airport. I still have it.

An anonymous travel card can be purchased and used by anyone. You can buy it at selected sales outlets, travel ticket machines at all metro stations, and in travel tickets at Copenhagen Central Station and Copenhagen Airport.

The card can be kept for future visits to Denmark.

Edited: 10 April 2018, 02:33
Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Central Station
Central Station
1,328 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Copenhagen Airport
Copenhagen Airport
Kastrup, Denmark
Denmark
Denmark
Europe
Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
846 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rejsekort Anonymous card at Copenhagen Airport?

What you've missed is that when you start a trip you need 70 DKK per passenger (the system don't know if you are going to the airport or as far away like Elsinore or something). https:/…

It might be possible to get the money you have left as cash at the central station ticket office (and then use single tickets for the last trip to the airport).

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rejsekort Anonymous card at Copenhagen Airport?

Dubtourist804: Thank you. Do you remember if you bought it at a vending machine or a staffed counter at the Airport DSB train station? If you used the vending machine, did you use the same machine to get the card and top up the card? Was it straightforward and had English instructions?

Anders J: Thank you for bringing up the matter of 70 dkk per passenger matter. Ah more complication to my plan!! So even during my last trip from the city to the airport, I have to ensure that I have at least 210 dkk (prepayment for 3 people) + the actual cost of the travel which is 20 dkk times 3=60 dkk. Is my logic correct?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rejsekort Anonymous card at Copenhagen Airport?

For some weird reason, they have closed the staffed ticket office in the airport, so you can no longer get the rejsekort there. You can see where you can get the rejsekort on this map: https:/…

check the box, 'købe rejsekort anonymt'

Edited: 10 April 2018, 13:27
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
6,933 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rejsekort Anonymous card at Copenhagen Airport?

I´ve heard that a new ticket office should open at the airport, combined with a general information centre, but when exactly is unknown, and there´s no verified confirmation yet.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rejsekort Anonymous card at Copenhagen Airport?

@ joen.dk

Okay, I was at the airport a couple of weeks ago and didn't see any information. Right now it is self-service with staff to help people navigate the machines (?!). But I sure hope so, seems crazy to close the one at the airport of all places.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
6,933 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rejsekort Anonymous card at Copenhagen Airport?

Indeed. it would be silly.

I saw the same staff people some weeks ago there.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
6,933 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rejsekort Anonymous card at Copenhagen Airport?

I´ve contacted DSB & hope to get an answer ..

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rejsekort Anonymous card at Copenhagen Airport?

Thank you @Frederik_123456 for the link but I didn't see any retailer at the airport from the site either.

Thank you @joen.dk for contacting DSB for an answer.

To both: where is the self-service machine that you both mentioned? Is it close to airport train station, metro station?

Worst scenario, I'll have to buy 3 single ticket (36dkk each) to get ourselves to Danhostel in the city. Would I be able to buy the tickets at the machine you two mentioned in your replies?

By the way, I found this link on dsb in T3. https:/… and it mentioned something about a "Rejsekortatutomater" (scroll down under Services, there's a legend with this explanation).

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rejsekort Anonymous card at Copenhagen Airport?

The machines are located in the airport building, next to the stairs to the train platforms.

You can't buy a rejsekort in the machines, only top up balance on your card.

The easiest for you is just to buy single tickets to/from the airport.

Reply to: Rejsekort Anonymous card at Copenhagen Airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted