We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to CPH at 5 am tomorrow

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
175 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi to CPH at 5 am tomorrow

Hello, I have a 7:15 am flight tomorrow from CPH>LHR>IAH. I have already checked in online and have one checked bag. Do I need still to arrive at airport 2 hours prior or 1 hour suffice. I understand metro runs 24/7 but thought taxi may be a better option. I'm staying at an airbnb 5 mins walking distance from DR Byen. Where can I get a taxi that early? How much would it cost to the airport? Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to CPH at 5 am tomorrow

The airport recommends to be there 2 hours in advance, but of course you can usually do with less. If it were me, I'd be there 1½ hours before take off. Also just a matter of how much in a hurry you want to be.

Metro runs 24/7, you will need to make a change for the other metro line at Christianshavn station. Check www.journeyplanner.dk for connections, up until 6 AM they only go every 10 minutes

There will probably be taxis around, but if it were me I would order one to the adress. For instance through this company http://www.taxa.dk/ there is a bit of a surcharge for that, but not much

Prices are regulated and will be the same for any taxi company.

Edited: 22 November 2017, 13:42
Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to CPH at 5 am tomorrow

I would say be there 1 hour 15 min before departure. That’s fine.

You’ll have no traffic in the morning if you take a cab and shouldn’t take more than 15 min. It will cost about 150-160dkk I’d estimate. If you do a cab then prebook. Use either +45 27272727 or the one suggested above.

But if you’re right next to the metro that is also a very easy option to get to the airport.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
175 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi to CPH at 5 am tomorrow

Thanks both. I made it via metro as I couldn't get a taxi. Just landed in IAH.

Reply to: Taxi to CPH at 5 am tomorrow
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted