We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me decide!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Please help me decide!

Hi,

Slightly crazy, I know, but I am planning to do a day trip to Europe from the UK in February...day return flights to Copenhagen, Stockholm, and Gothenburg are all very reasonably priced. Does anyone have any thoughts on which of these is best suited to a single day trip....I expect I'll mostly be walking around enjoying scenery and maybe visit a museum, so sights close together or efficient transport links are important. Also, a bit of shopping would be good if time permits (but not essential).

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Ploppy

7 replies to this topic
Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help me decide!

They are all doable in one day if you get in early morning and leave late evening. Copenhagen is a good and small city to see a lot in. Do like a walking tour or Segway tour of Copenhagen and you’ll utilise your time well.

Don’t personally think Gothenburg is worth the day trip if not combined with anything else. So I’d go for cph

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help me decide!

Thanks

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,498 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help me decide!

I would do Copenhagen or Stockholm. I spent a week in Gothenburg and it was enjoyable on a quieter scale, but for a day trip the other two would probably be more fun.

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help me decide!

We did a day trip to a Copenhagen in August this year. We decided to go on one of the boat trips which takes you round to see a lot of the sights. From that we plan to go back in January to visit it a bit more closely. Would certainly recommend Copenhagen. Beware of the bikes!!

5. Re: Please help me decide!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 December 2017, 01:05

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
281 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help me decide!

I'd say copenhagen. You can cover a lot in a few hours. And the city central is small and doable. Gothenburg I'd only visit if you had a day to spare

7. Re: Please help me decide!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 December 2017, 01:05

Reply to: Please help me decide!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted