We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Around the Sound Ticket

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Around the Sound Ticket

I am planning a day trip to Sweden and I was wondering if this itinerary would work:

I would purchase the Around the Sound ticket for 48 hours but I would only use it to travel within Copenhagen for the first day, on local trains.

On the second day, I would leave Copenhagen early in the morning and arrive in Helsingor around 7:00am. Then I would take a ferry to Helsingborg and get there around 9:00am

After a quick walk we would take the train and have an early lunch at Lund. After exploring Lund, we would aim to get to Ystad around 1:00pm. Lastly, we would go to Malmo around 4:00pm for a quick walk and then aim to arrive back at our hotel in Copenhagen at 7:30pm.

So our 48 hours would look like this:

Day 1: Copenhagen local trains only

Day 2: Copenhagen - Helsingor - Helsingborg - Lund - Ystad - Malmo - Copenhagen

Is this plan possible on the around the sound ticket?

Note: I will actually be in Helsingor again on a separate day, using the Copenhagen pass. I don't plan on spending too much time in Helsingor on the day that I'm using the around the sound ticket.

4 replies to this topic
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,693 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Around the Sound Ticket

It does seem that the ticket now also covers the Ystad leg from Malmö.

This is a new thing, I´d personally try to get some confirmation from Skanetrafiken, besides the rather lonely web mentioning here

da.visitskane.com/artikel/rejs-oresund-rundt

and here

https:/…

It will be a tight programme, however. From Lund C station to Ystad station, it´s 1 hour.

You can check out detailed schedules here

https://www.skanetrafiken.se/sok-resa/ (Swedish only)

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
511 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Around the Sound Ticket

A few years ago the ticket had different pricing depending on how far from the sound you started your journey in Skåne. This is now removed. Same price for everyone. If you live in Ystad you can go to Malmö, do the around the sound and travel back to Ystad. The proposed itinerary isn't longer. Besides that, there is a discount valid in Ystad.

But it is a tight schedule, I would skip the stop in Helsingor since you will see that on your other day there. Just go directly to the ferry from the train. Make sure you have the train schedules at hand so you just don't end up at the station and need to wait 30 mins for the next train.

Between Helsingborg and Lund there a many different trains. Both express and local ones. Those departing 32 minutes past the hour are the slowest since they go on an older railroad. But it offers some nice views of rural areas. Maybe not worth to plan for but if you happen to get on one keep your eyes open.

If bought in Sweden the ticket needs validation. Not sure how it works in Copenhagen. I guess you know it is only sold at the visitor centre, make sure it shows the date somehow or that they tell you how to validate it.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Around the Sound Ticket

Thanks! I ended up paying 250 DKK for the 2 day pass, which allowed me to use the public transportation in both Copenhagen and Southern Sweden.

This was my itinerary:

Copenhagen > Helsingor > Helsingborg > Lund > Malmo > Copenhagen

We could have added Ystad but we ended up not having enough time. You can only go "one way" so they mark off your ticket when you go on the boat across the sound and the train across the sound. (so you can't double back and take the boat or train twice)

Archbald
Level Contributor
10 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Around the Sound Ticket

Hi Traavelcomesfirst89 - did you regret any of your stops. We will be in Copenhagen next week - this sounds a little ambitious for one day - but also an adventure.

Reply to: Around the Sound Ticket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted