We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Fanari Apartments, Stoupa?

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Fanari Apartments, Stoupa?

I expect this is a closely guarded secret now..but does anyone have a site address now poor Kosmar is defunct? Stayed at the Kalogria Beach apartments in Oct 2007 and spent a lot of time gazing up at the Fanari & Lighthouse ones of the headland and thinking, next time we'll book those for that amazing view. But before I could Kosmar went into administration..

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
9,035 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Fanari Apartments, Stoupa?

All is not lost if you want to stay on the headland!

I know the owners & they are now taking independent bookings & here's the website for Lighthouse:

www.lighthouse-apartments.gr/en/index.php

Hope that helps!

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Fanari Apartments, Stoupa?

thanks!!! very helpful.

Gloucester , UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Fanari Apartments, Stoupa?

Hi

We stayed at the Fanari Sept 07 for two weeks , this was our 2nd time in Stoupa , and i have to say the best holiday ever ,checked out the lighthouse website but what about the Fanari how can we stay there again ?

Val xxx

Gloucester , UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Fanari Apartments, Stoupa?

Hi everyone

We stayed at the Fanari Sept 07 for two weeks , this was our 2nd time in Stoupa , and i have to say the best holiday ever ,checked out the lighthouse website but what about the Fanari how can we stay there again ?

Val x

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
9,035 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Fanari Apartments, Stoupa?

Hi Val,

Send an email through the Lighthouse site about Fanari, they are owned by the same family!

Essex
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Fanari Apartments, Stoupa?

Hello just want to say what a shame all the best places in Stoupa have all gone independent, we have always stayed at Fanari for many many years. Now Kosmar has gone there are not very many places to choose from anymore.

Essex
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Fanari Apartments, Stoupa?

Hello there It is such a shame that all the best places in Kalogria seem to have gone independent and now the the demise of Kosmar there are very few places that do package holidays. We have come to Stoupa for many years always staying in Fanari it is such a shame that we can no longer book this as a package.

Gloucester , UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Fanari Apartments, Stoupa?

Hi Essex Rogue .

We agree completely we always booked with Kosmar and the Fanari Studios were in such an ideal situation with lovely views of the beach and the poeple who ran it were lovely too , we loved it there and always loved going back , the Pork Man in Stoupa was my favourite restuarant , and the little restaurant just down on the left past the ATM cant remeber its name now . It is such a lovely resort , we did look at booking with Greek Options but it was so expensive decided against it in the end , we also looked at travelling there indpendently and decided that was costly too .

We have booked a totally different resort for next year and going to Parga , people seem to return again and again like they do in Stoupa so hopefully we will love it just as much and get the same feelings for the place , im sure we will return to Stoupa one day but not next year .

Kind regards

Val

Essex
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking Fanari Apartments, Stoupa?

Hi Val...Nice to hear from someone else who enjoyed the lovely views from Fanari, when we stayed there last year Maria already said that she wasnt going with Kosmar/Excel the following year but did not know at the time who she was going with, Rena and Costa at Kalogria had already left Kosmar and were going independant....that was a lovely place to eat, they are a lovely family. This year we went to Thasos, a little Island off the mainland we stayed at Golden Beach. that was nice, lovely views lots of nice places to eat but no pig man :-( the trip from the mainland to the Island was very good made a change. We hope to book a week next year to Stoupa theres something about it ...not sure where we will stay though the very first time we wen,t many years ago before we discovered Fanari we stayed in Echmea close to the Katerina's supermarket they were nice but the view was not a patch on Fanari. It is too expensive to go Independent I like it all taken care of accomadation flight and transport to and from the accomadation. Hope you enjoy Parga if there is a pig man you will have to let me know.

Gloucester , UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking Fanari Apartments, Stoupa?

Hi Essex Rogue

Strange world , the first time we went to Stoupa we stayed at the Echme on the seafront , we were very lucky as we had an apartment facing the sea at the front , like you said not as nice view as Fanari but we had a nice time there .

Will let you know how we get on next year although we are not going until September so a while to wait .

Looks like its going to cost a bit more next year with the Euro against the pound , hopefully things will have improved by the time we go

Val x