We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September

Lerwick, Scotland...
3 posts
2 reviews
September

we are going to Alia Palace Hotel on the 4 th till 18 September 2018 has anyone stayed at the Alia Palace in Junior room with private pool?

i have read reviews that say restaurant and shop are closing on the beach by this point. and the weather is cold. so not sure what to expect now?

Edited: 10 June 2018, 17:47
5 replies to this topic
Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
877 posts
122 reviews
1. Re: September

The weather is not cold at this time of the year in Greece , unless the Armageddon visits us! I wonder where are those reviews that say it's cold in Greece, during this time of the year. It's September, of course there is a chance of a couple of rainy or moody days, but usually the weather is pretty beautiful this time of the year.

London
Level Contributor
895 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: September

September is usually the best time to come, the mass of peak season tourists have left and the place returns to tranquility!

It is true that the resorts start to close down around mid-Sept but it seems there will be a lot more people travelling at this time this year (helped by Jet2 bringing more Brits to the area, and we have a longer holiday season than the Greeks and Eastern Europeans who mainly travel in July & Aug) so hopefully local businesses will react to the situation and stay open longer.

Weather-wise, Sept is generally lovely, cooler than August (which can be a good thing) and occasionally changeable, but usually mid to high 20s with a good quota of sunshine. And not forgetting that the sea has had all summer to warm up...

p.s. I haven't stayed at the Alia Palace but I know it, it;s a lovely hotel up on the hillside overlooking Pefkohori, I'm sure you'll have a great time

Lerwick, Scotland...
3 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: September

Thank you

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: September

Hi Karen,

I’m also staying at the Alia from 11th-18th September. We had initially booked one of the junior suites with pool, but from reading TA reviews I discovered they are right at the top of a big hill. There is apparently a wee golf cart that can take you up but they are very much in demand. As I have mobility issues and want to be able to return to the room independently I chose to upgrade to one of the executive villas with pool, which are beside the main building. Hefty upgrade fee with Jet2, but I contacted the hotel directly and they offered a discounted rate which I snapped up.

Both the junior suites and the executive villas look amazing though, so I wouldn’t worry.

Sorry I’m aware I didn’t really answer your question, just thought I’d chip in my 2p worth.

Happy hols, maybe see you there!

Ps. Just had email from Jet2 advising transfer time has gone up from 90 mins to 130 mins due to traffic. Ouch!

Edited: 21 June 2018, 19:08
London
Level Contributor
895 posts
42 reviews
5. Re: September

The traffic in mid Sept won't be that bad - it's 100kms from the airport - you could almost walk it in 130 mins...!

We drive it ourselves and it takes about an hour to Pefkohori with 'normal' traffic. In July & Aug the roads do get rammed as being on the mainland a lot of people visit by car from Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania etc, but by Sept it will be much quieter.

Reply to: September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Halkidiki Region
Recent Conversations