We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Mahe Island...
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
weather

Hi,

Greeting to you all.

We (wife and I) planning to visit Greece (Lefkada in particular) in early October next year and wondering what the temperature like at this particular time.

We are from a hot country and not use to very cold temp.

Any advise.

Thks.

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,004 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

I do not think you'll meet extremely low temperatures on early October, but there is a considerable chance for rain, usually chances for rain or sun is 50-50 on my experience. In theory, in case of nice sunny days, you'll have around 20C as a minimum during day, in case of rain or wind temperature may drop around 15C as a very extreme minimum during day at that time of year. Quite possibly you will need some light jacket or something during evenings, rain or not.

To be honest I do not quite like the weather questions because there are no guarandees on this issue and it is very hard to reply...Even if there is an averrage temperature for a time of the year, it is a statistic, you may fall on much colder or much hotter days than the averrage! Furthermore, weather in Greece -as it happens all over the globe I guess- has gone completely crazy, and it is absolutely impossible to predict anything.

Maybe someone on the spot right now could reply on what is the weather like, but this doesn't mean that what apllies on this month will apply in a year...

Mahe Island...
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

HI Mahira 2912,

Many thks. You have indeed enlight me on my querry..

To us, it was more a question of how cold or warm it could be.

As for the rain, this is not a bother.

Have a nice day.

cheers.

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,004 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

You are very welcome lereduit!

UK and Lefkada
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

I was there until 2 oct this year, it was unusually hot, up to 30C daytime, down to 20c nighttime. Normally I'd expect it to be a little cooler, it should be in the mid-20s daytime, no lower than 15-16 at night. If it's wet and windy it may feel colder! Often early Oct in Lefkada is better than mid-Sep (most of the rain seems to fall in mid-Sep, then it brightens up again). So I totally agree with Mariha, her figures are a very good general guide.

If anyone is interested in weather statistics,there's a nice website with data from the weather station at Lefkada Marina. You can scroll down the page and find statistics for this month, last month, last year, etc. I like it, because you can find out what the weather actually was like, which may be very different from the forecasts that you see on the weather forecasting websites! It may give you a general idea what to expect at a particular time of year. It's at http://penteli.meteo.gr/stations/lefkada/.

5. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 17:47