We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Symi

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Ferry to Symi

I have just booked a ferry from Rhodes to Symi with ANE Symis Ferries. I have since read on a forum that they are not operating yet. I am going on the 8th September, so slightly worried about this. Has anyone heard if they are operating yet? Thanks, Julie

13 replies to this topic
Loughborough...
Level Contributor
6,165 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Ferry to Symi

Most certainly they are operating and have been since 11 July.

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Ferry to Symi

Many thanks for the fast reply Andy, glad to hear it! :-)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
379 posts
46 reviews
3. Re: Ferry to Symi

AndyW33, do you know if there will be a timetable for after Sept 9th?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
379 posts
46 reviews
4. Re: Ferry to Symi

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
379 posts
46 reviews
5. Re: Ferry to Symi

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
379 posts
46 reviews
6. Re: Ferry to Symi

Apologies for multiple postings, TA kept saying 'post failed'.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
6,165 posts
34 reviews
7. Re: Ferry to Symi

No I don't know if Sebeco will continue in service after September 9th for this summer. It probably depends on whether the sailings in high season have been and are covering the costs or not. I will as always keep my Symi travel blog up to date with the news once it is known. Sorry Trip Advisor rules on self-promotion prevent me linking to the blog but it can easily be found through Google search.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
379 posts
46 reviews
8. Re: Ferry to Symi

Thanks, Andy I follow your blog and have sought your advice often, your part of the holiday process! 🦀

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
9. Re: Ferry to Symi

They are operating all year round but, out of season far less frequently and sometimes not at all! There are Two Ferry types two Ferry companies. I suggest you look on website for 'FERRIES RHODES TO SYMI" they have all times there!

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
6,165 posts
34 reviews
10. Re: Ferry to Symi

That might be helpful, except that there are *three* ferry companies operating between Rhodes and Symi this year (and last year, and the year before, though not always the same three). The two posters who have asked questions obviously know this perfectly well, and know how to find the times for Dodekanisos Seaways and Blue Star Ferries, which do indeed operate all year round.

The third company, ANES Ferries, has introduced a brand new ferry, straight from the builders, part way through the season. They have been missing from the route for about 6 years, but are a Symi based company - that's the S in their name. They have published a timetable that runs up to 9 September. Nobody knows if they intend to operate their ferry Sebeco after this date, or a different ferry from their fleet, or none at all, and if there are sailings, what the times will be. Google won't tell you, because the information simply doesn't exist on the internet yet.

Reply to: Ferry to Symi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Symi
Recent Conversations