We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

.... Beggars Belief....

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,786 posts
3 reviews
.... Beggars Belief....

Hey

... For the life of me I dont understand why certain individuals and/or TA admin feel the need to close a thread about real time weather from a TA/Lindos regular

who happens to be there now n once a day reports back. Real time weather is a consistently asked question given most weather sites are inaccurate.. well done TA or individuals who took umbrage... I fully expect this post to go the same way but hey... no wonder I declined the chance to be a DE...

M

21 replies to this topic
Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
8,095 posts
98 reviews
1. Re: .... Beggars Belief....

It's not admin Mart, self approved moderators who abuse the report function. This post and comment will delete in x minutes...

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,786 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: .... Beggars Belief....

Hey

...they need to get a life...it is really useful 'real time' info that weather sites cannot offer and folks going out there really appreciate...rant over Marcus n hope you are well.. cue deletion.. 😎

M

Edited: 09 September 2018, 21:43
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,718 posts
56 reviews
3. Re: .... Beggars Belief....

Hi.

Thanks guys it's the 2nd time this holiday they have took me down. As you know I've been doing the true weather report for pass few years only once before was it removed. As you say one of the most asked question on TripAdvisor is what's the weather like. So not to sure if I should continue to make a contribution to TripAdvisor. As you know other members who live on rhodes don't post anymore. So hey ho.

Peter.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,786 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: .... Beggars Belief....

Hey

...mate...I used to do the same years ago in terms of real time weather updates as it is what folks found useful... yet gave up on account of the keyboard warriors. As if we would give up our own time for no reason? Compared to previous years n relatively speaking, my posts are few n far between now. But hey they need to get their sad kicks somehow..

M

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
237 reviews
5. Re: .... Beggars Belief....

I want to know why a post that might be helpful is deleted and yet the stupid "only 350 sleeps until I am back in wherever"posts seem to run for months or years even.

Think there is one relating to Kefalonia that has bee going for about 4 years and the original poster probably hasn't visited there since.

Can you tell me how to get it deleted when I see it next year? Have tried but to no avail.

Think a new "stupid" reason needs to be included!

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,786 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: .... Beggars Belief....

Hey

... and another 2 posts closed down as 'inappropriate' by certain members within the TA community. Nothing inappropriate whatsoever. Sad individuals/keyboard warriors with jack all else to do.

I have had it with this site n wont waste my time any longer..

M

Staines, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
7. Re: .... Beggars Belief....

I've had 2 of my posts closed down and have no idea why. I followed the link to forum guidelines and couldn't see what I had done wrong. Does anyone know how I can complain to trip advisor about this and get them to specifically point out how my posts did not follow the guidelines?

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
8,095 posts
98 reviews
8. Re: .... Beggars Belief....

They will sometimes reinstate them if you query it. Only have my phone at the mo, so not sure how but you can contact them about it, I have in the past.

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,996 posts
58 reviews
9. Re: .... Beggars Belief....

I always look forward to Peters reports, very informative and he is taking the time out of his holiday to inform those waiting to go what the weather is actually doing. Keep up the good work Peter if your allowed??

Lyn

UK and Lefkada
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
69 reviews
10. Re: .... Beggars Belief....

Hear hear, Peter, please keep going if you can. This kind of up-to-date firsthand info is surely what TA is for!

Reply to: .... Beggars Belief....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes
Recent Conversations