We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any flights that go DIRECT from rhodes to santorin

Utah
Level Contributor
23 posts
Are there any flights that go DIRECT from rhodes to santorin
Save

My friends and I are trying to get to Santorini from rhodes May 19th or 20th. I know there is an overnight ferry but it's toooo long. Is there a faster ferry? I look on those dates and can't find one. So we thought maybe fly but it's sooo expensive. Plus there are no direct flights to Santorini. Anybody have some tips? thanks

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
26,115 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Are there any flights that go DIRECT from rhodes to santorin
Save

There is no fast ferry and there are no direct flights. Sky Express used to fly direct but their website is no longer showing that option. The advantage of the overnight ferry is you can sleep through the trip and not waste daylight hours.

Old Forge, New York
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
178 reviews
208 helpful votes
2. Re: Are there any flights that go DIRECT from rhodes to santorin
Save

the overnight ferry had surprisingly nice rooms with private bath, clean linens and good beds, I would do this route from Santorini to Rhodes in a heartbeat, and as BLL says, you get to sleep your travel time...your hotel in Santorini will hold your bags for you while you get a full day and night, and around midnite, you leave, seeing that stunning Santorini "cliffside' twinkling lit view, and wake up in Rhodes, refreshed, showered and ready to go..cheaper than a flight, and an extra room, and the bed was as good as most hotels. Cannot say I would enjoy the experience in a "regular" ferry seat, glad we booked a room. Have fun!

Utah
Level Contributor
23 posts
3. Re: Are there any flights that go DIRECT from rhodes to santorin
Save

Thank you I like your idea!

Utah
Level Contributor
23 posts
4. Re: Are there any flights that go DIRECT from rhodes to santorin
Save

Thank you for your help we'll do a ferry. Santorini to Athens? I've looked online and can't find any flights and want to get their fast. Any tips? Or fast ferries/hyrdofoils?

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
26,115 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
5. Re: Are there any flights that go DIRECT from rhodes to santorin
Save

Santorini to Athens: Did you check the Olympic Air and Aegean Airlines websites?

Ferry schedules: http://www.gtp.gr

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
10,950 posts
6. Re: Are there any flights that go DIRECT from rhodes to santorin
Save

Santorini - Piraeus fast ferry option: http://tinyurl.com/ycgcxzs

SANTORINI
3 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
7. Re: Are there any flights that go DIRECT from rhodes to santorin
Save

www.openseas.gr for all ferries you can see arrival and departure of the boats between all the islands

8. Re: Are there any flights that go DIRECT from rhodes to santorin

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2010, 11:45
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.