We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting through Athens

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
235 reviews
321 helpful votes
Connecting through Athens
Save

On our way to Santorini this Saturday, we connect through Athens. Does anyone know how busy that airport has been? Has it been somewhat organized? Because of Covid we’re nervous about the crowds we’ll have to deal with there.

2 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
1. Re: Connecting through Athens
Save

I don't know about Athens, but I would imagine Santorini's airport would be even worse for crowds? Well in a normal year anyway, I guess it won't be too bad this year.

Edited: 23 August 2021, 17:12
Norfolk, Nebraska
Level Contributor
208 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Connecting through Athens
Save

Honestly if you are nervous about crowds you perhaps should not be travelling. Crowds are going to a fact of life right now when travelling. I haven't been to Greece yet but in the US the airports have been slammed this summer just awful and worse than normal because the experience business travelers are gone and it is mostly families who are less familiar with the whole process.

The best you can do is protect yourself. Be vaccinated, wear N95 masks (wear them correctly--read instructions) and do your best to maintain what distance you can.

Reply to: Connecting through Athens
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.