We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naxos day trip?

1 post
Save Topic
Naxos day trip?

Hi everyone,

It is my first time going to Naxos and I would like to do the day trip from Naxos to Delo/Mykonos, but I can not find a website with any details on price or dates, can someone direct me where to go?

Thanks in advance!

4 replies to this topic
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
23,554 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naxos day trip?

Here it is:

https:/…naxos-tours.htm

When you are in town also check the Alexander office - they also do day excursions for Delos \ Mykonos (their office is next door to Promponas Kitron Shop).

England
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naxos day trip?

Hi

I was reading your helpful post. Have you travelled on the Alexander. Is it like the other passenger catamarans? Is it likely that passengers will be sick?

Are threre any other boats that go there?

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
8,598 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Naxos day trip?

The two that go to Delos/Mykonos are Naxos Star and Alexander. The former is a monohull and the latter a catamaran. You can see details of the vessels at:

https:/…20STAR

https:/…f7ae5e8a581c4424ed13c867c12d9421

concord nh
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naxos day trip?

When are you going? There are several agencies that arrange for day cruises to Delos/Mykonos.

Bear in mind it's a long trip which will take up most of the day. We did the trip in Oct. so it appears there may be trips available that far into the off-season. During High Season you'll have no problems.

Delos, for me was far better and a more enjoyable and educational experience than Mykonos. Delos is a one of Greece's most sacred areas with no one allowed to live on the island. It's one of the best and least visited of Greece's archeological sites with wonders everywhere you go.

Mykonos, while visually stunning was over-the-top touristy and crowded, even for October. There were three huge cruise ships spewing out hundreds, if not thousands of tourists making the waterfront so crowded you couldn't walk a straight line. You will have to go uphill and away from the waterfront to get a more "Greek" experience with classic Cyclades architecture and far less people because of the steepness of the streets. Multi-million dollar yachts in the harbor will explain why Mykonos is one of the most heavily touristed & expensive of the Greek Islands.

If that's your thing you'll love it . . . if not just try to find areas that aren't crowded (hard to do).

The trip to the islands was during a very sunny and mild day with calm waters . . . however there were a couple of elderly passengers that got seasick. If that's an issue you may want to bring along a sea-sickeness pill.

Edited: 20 August 2018, 23:28
Reply to: Naxos day trip?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted