We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kythnos (Kithnos) Greece for the first time

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
99 reviews
Kythnos (Kithnos) Greece for the first time

We are leaving Athens on a Saturday in June to spend four or five nights on Kythnos.

We have been to many, many Greek islands and like quiet, small beaches with closeby tavernas.

Can anyone suggest the best places on Kythnos for this.

Also what is the situation with buses? Is there a a local service to different parts of the island?

Are there taxis, and also is there one or more ATMs on the island?

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Can't wait to in wonderful Greece again!

4 replies to this topic
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
256 posts
74 reviews
1. Re: Kythnos (Kithnos) Greece for the first time

Hi, I do not see any replies to your post.

I was looking for some similar guidance as i am planning to visit Kythnos in June 2013 and was looking for information on location and hotels.

I was recomended Niriedes Apartments but there is no information on trip advisor on this hotel. Could you guide/suggest based on your experience in June. We too have been to many Greek islands and are looking for hotels near restaurants/tavernas. We are not the beach going type.

Thanks in advance for your help

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
99 reviews
2. Re: Kythnos (Kithnos) Greece for the first time

Hello

Firstly I have to say that Kythnos is a wonderful, extremely friendly and relaxing place.

I don't know of the accommodation you are looking at, but from what we saw all the accommodation looked to be the usual sort of Greek studios/rooms.

You do say that you are not the beach going type, and to be honest there is not a lot else to do on Kythnos unless you are walkers. It is very small and very laid back, with very little activities other than the beach, tavernas and a very few small shops which still stick to local opening times, and ignoring tourist needs as there are so few of them out of the high season.

Hope this is helpful.

Athens, Greece
1 post
3. Re: Kythnos (Kithnos) Greece for the first time

Check out the municipal site for all info http://www.kythnos.gr/ you should not have any problem finding rooms during june.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
256 posts
74 reviews
4. Re: Kythnos (Kithnos) Greece for the first time

Thanks for the information

Reply to: Kythnos (Kithnos) Greece for the first time
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kithnos
Recent Conversations