We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus services and petrol station info

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Bus services and petrol station info

What sort of bus service (destinations and frequency) should we expect in mid September? I read there were some problems with the smaller bus and that it was not operating or maybe has reduced destinations and frequency? Is there likely to be a service to Zoodochos Pighi, Roukounas and Klissidi? I am trying to work out what we can do by bus v the need for a car.

Is there still just the 1 petrol station? I understand it may have limited trading hours. Can you advise what hours it is open?

4 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus services and petrol station info

When we visited last September, the large bus was replaced by a small mini bus, amusingly, while we were on it. It must have been around the 18th - 20th of the month. The regular bus service was fine for the first few days of our visit, but I think the service was reduced thereafter. There seemed to be a "mass exodus" from the island and many of the shops in the Chora were packing away for the season. I cannot tell you the frequency of the small bus as we left a day after it came into service. I think it is best to adopt a "wait and see" policy when it comes to Anafi.

Edited: 08 August 2018, 12:05
UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,429 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus services and petrol station info

I have only been in late August, so I can't tell you about frequency of buses in September. There is always only one bus in operation, which has usually been a big bus when I have been there. There are 2 bus routes: one is from the Chora to the port and the other is from the Chora to Roukounas and the monastery, with some of the journeys going only as far as Rounkounas. There are more journeys to the port than to Rounkounas and the monastery. There are also extra journeys to the port whenever a ferry arrives, even if it is during the night, and these take priority. This sometimes means that a journey on the route to the beaches is delayed. To get to Klissidi you get the bus down to the port and get off before it gets to the port and walk down a steep road. Alternatively there is a path from the port to Klissidi.

There is only one petrol station, but I don't know when it is open. No doubt they'll be able to tell you when enquiring about hiring a car.

Edited: 08 August 2018, 17:31
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,968 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus services and petrol station info

Just find out this stuff on arrival, the bus schedule is posted around Chora, port etc.

There is always a bus Chora <> Port for ferries anytime day/night.

On the return from the beach like Roukounas he will make another journey if too many people for 1 journey on the small bus.

Looking at your other posts you are making too many detailed complex plans, just take it easy. Give yourself enough days on the island to relax.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus services and petrol station info

Yes, sound advice retired hippy

Reply to: Bus services and petrol station info
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted