We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go Sept: Hdrya&Spetses? Or Sifnos? Milos?

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
148 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go Sept: Hdrya&Spetses? Or Sifnos? Milos?

My husband and I will be returning to Skiathos 24 Aug – 1 Sept, then to Athens for 2 nights (or 3 if ferries strike on Sept 3).

That leaves us 1 week in Greece before departing from Athens on Sept 12.

Where should we go for 1 week, Sept 4-11?

Hydra and Spetses?

Or Sifnos? Or Milos? My concern about these two in the Cyclades is the meltemi in early September.

We love swimming in the crystal clear waters of Greece and eating the wonderful fresh fish. We like to stay in the town center where we can walk to tavernas and bars in the evenings. During the day we like to visit various beaches, either by car or by renting a small boat. With the meltemi in Cyclades in early September, boat rental may be a problem.

I’d like to try someplace new. We’ve been to the Sporades - Skiathos, Skopelos, Alonissos; CycladesNaxos, Folegandros, Koufinissi, Santorini, Mykonos; IonianCorfu, Paxos, Anti-Paxos, Lefkada, and Kefalonia; Mainland – Parga, Previza and Athens. We’ll hold off on going to Crete when we have more than a week to as there is so much to see on that island. Dodecanese may be too windy with choppy boating waters in early September.

Any suggestions for where to go and/or accommodations are very much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

Sorry for the duplicate posts; I should have narrowed down my original posts on more specific forums.

2 replies to this topic
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go Sept: Hdrya&Spetses? Or Sifnos? Milos?

we recently did a trip to Sifnos & Milos ( 2 weeks) and I would definitely recommend either island

Here is the trip report I did;- can't say which island I preferred though!

Milos does have an airport which might make the decision for you!

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189…

Edited: 04 August 2018, 23:51
Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14,484 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go Sept: Hdrya&Spetses? Or Sifnos? Milos?

had a trip to Hydra and Spetsus on a day trip from Tolo on the mainland. Nafplio on the mainland is quite popular with Americans and only 2 hours drive from Athens

Reply to: Where to go Sept: Hdrya&Spetses? Or Sifnos? Milos?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted