We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for help choosing which islands to visit- thank you.

1 post
Save Topic
Looking for help choosing which islands to visit- thank you.

Dear all,

I am going on a solo trip on 21st August for 2 weeks, I am flying into Athens. I have a friends wedding in Santorini where I will stay for 3 nights on 27th. I am hoping to spent time in two other islands before and after the wedding. I am looking for some ideas of less touristy islands, where I can walk/get buses to explore, with good food, beaches, and where I can meet friendly people and learn more about greek culture. All suggestions welcome- have very little time left to start booking ferries/accommodation.

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
2 replies to this topic
Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
8,400 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for help choosing which islands to visit- thank you.

Paros and Naxos are easy enough to get to. Check ferry schedules.

Mentioned in this post
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Österreich
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for help choosing which islands to visit- thank you.

It won't be easy to find any cycladic Island with less tourists at this time. If you do Naxos and / or Paros you should do Naxos first. It's a relatively big Island and you will have the chance to avoid tourist masses in some places. For Paros it will be better after Santorini.

Another option could be Sifnos with great food and quite nice beaches or Milos for a great landscape. But as I said before: they will also be crowded, at least in your first travel week.

Mentioned in this post
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Sifnos
Sifnos
Cyclades, Greece
Reply to: Looking for help choosing which islands to visit- thank you.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted