We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acropolis Sound and Light Show

Israel
Level Contributor
114 posts
185 reviews
Save Topic
Acropolis Sound and Light Show

Does anyone know if it's worthwhile for a family with interested kids? Or is it a tourist trap?

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Acropolis Sound and Light Show

I'd say a tourist trap...

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Acropolis Sound and Light Show

I doubt if this is still taking place.

In 2004 a very nice illumination of Aropolis took place and i think that sound and light has stopped - not sure, better ask for updated info

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Acropolis Sound and Light Show

I checked it and found that sound and light has definetely stopped for Acropolis of Athens, imo it is a good decision

It still works for Rhodes.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Acropolis Sound and Light Show

there are many things to make your kids enjoy Athens.....http://www.atticapark.gr/

planetarium at syngrou avenue

http://www.athensinfoguide.com/otbp.htm

the childhood museum

http://www.hcm.gr/

and allou fan park

www.allou.gr (you will love it),unfortunatelly only greek site at the moment...but there are so many games and places there..your children will love it really...petrou ralli kai thivon streets.....

Israel
Level Contributor
114 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Acropolis Sound and Light Show

Thanks everyone. I had fond memories of that show from my last visit - sad to say 27 years ago.... then it was a wonder. Times change.

M

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Acropolis Sound and Light Show

dont be dissapointed..Acropolis is there the last 2500 years..better than any time..under a huge restoaration programm and with a new amazing museum that wpuld be opened the last months of 2006..enjoy Athens with your kids....if i have to compare the city with the Athens before 27 years,,it is completely an other world...after olympics city has been improved really....one of the best subways and aiports in Europe....better facilities,museum,new galeries,parks and lovely hotels....have a good time

Israel
Level Contributor
114 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Acropolis Sound and Light Show

Thanks, Gas. Am realy looking forward to our trip. Hope it won't rain too much early April.

M

Belgium
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Acropolis Sound and Light Show

There was a special light display at the Acropolis in 2004 because of the Olympic Games but the actual Sound and light show has not been on since 2000

germany
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Acropolis Sound and Light Show

hi,

im although looking for the sound and light show at acropolis. because my children 5 years and my husband are not interrested in archaelogie. what do you know now?

greetings

martina

Belgium
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Acropolis Sound and Light Show

Martina, as you can read above, the sound and light show at the Acropolis ended in 2000. It no longer exists.