We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris to Athens, preferably by bus

Lucknow, India
Level Contributor
50 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Paris to Athens, preferably by bus

My wife and I shall be in Paris in April, and would like to travel cheaply to Athens. We would prefer travelling by bus if it not too long a journey. Suggestions please...

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris to Athens, preferably by bus

Trust me, it is a long journey. Over 2000 km or 1250 miles. That would be a long time to be on a bus. One option would be to take a train from Paris to the port city of Brindisi, Italy then take a ferry to Patras, Greece. At the docks in Patras there are numerous bus companies and you can buy your tickets right there. If I remember right it's about a 2 to 2.5 hour bus trip from Patras to Athens. And I'm sure that there are buses from Paris to Athens, but they wouldn't be a fast as the train. But in any case you would get a break on the ferry enough to rest your aching behinds. I once rode a bus from Diyarbakur in eastern Turkey to Kato Achaia on the west coast of Greece and I couldn't sit down for a couple of days.

London
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris to Athens, preferably by bus

If time is not an issue and you do not mind spending many hours in a bus, then it will be the cheapest way of doing the route.

Lucknow, India
Level Contributor
50 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris to Athens, preferably by bus

Thanks, Forum. You have been great - prompt, to the point and highly informative. Let me see what best to do.

2000 kms of bus journey is indeed daunting. I wonder if you could suggest a low-cost airline, RyanAir or suchlike, for Paris to Athens journey.

Best regards and THANKS,

Rakesh Misra

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris to Athens, preferably by bus

RM72 i have been to India with gulf air..and as i remember the tickets was cheap..there are many airliners connecting Paris to Athens..

see also these airliner..as sooner you close your tickets you can have cheap prices....there are offers too

www.olympicairlines.com

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris to Athens, preferably by bus

suggest that you fly

Try www.kelkoo.com for finding cheap flights