We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis from Airport to Pireus late at night

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
223 posts
7 reviews
Taxis from Airport to Pireus late at night

Hi, I am arriving to Athens Airport at around 23.30. (11.30pm) on a Tuesday. Do you know if it is easy to find a taxi at the Airport and where are they located?

I am going to Pireus Port so how much should I expect to pay? We have a couple of suitcases and 2 bags.

I know there is also the X96 bus from Airport to Pireus but they are quite rare (2 per hour, I think) that time of the evening and they seem to take long! (90 minutes)

Thanks a lot for your advice.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Taxis from Airport to Pireus late at night

there will be a ....gazillion of taxis just outside the exit of the airport,expect to pay around 45 euros.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
2. Re: Taxis from Airport to Pireus late at night

Do you have somewhere to stay once in Pireaus (i.e. booked into a hotel)? If not, you might prefer to stay at the airport a little longer...

Piraeus, Greece
Level Contributor
115 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Taxis from Airport to Pireus late at night

Hello Jane788,

Tinsay's advice is to the point. If you do not have to catch the ferry, say, at 3 o'clock in the night or so, it is sensible to wait in the airport until appropriate time, even though there are some waiting rooms in Piraeus port.

If you arrive at 23:30, it means you will go out of the airport after midnight when the midnight taxi fare starts. I think Postoumios's estimation is correct.

So far as I am aware, the X96 (airport-Piraeus) bus takes about 1 hour on average. You travel in a weekday night and the travel time can be shorter (I once experience 45 min during the night). If I were you, I would take the bus option, if I were not short on time.

Have a happy journey!

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
223 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Taxis from Airport to Pireus late at night

Hi there and thanks a lot for your replies! I booked an hotel in Pireus for the night because I am leaving at 7.30am the next day by ferry to go to Naxos.

That's why I need to get from the Airport to Pireus Port. The bus could be an option but we might be lost I think in the Pireus area looking around for our hotel in the middle of the night (we are a couple and staying at the Pireus Dream Hotel, between Filonos St. and Notara St.) Do you know if there is a taxi service in Pireus? We might catch the bus and then a taxi from the Port to our hotel.

Thank you!

5. Re: Taxis from Airport to Pireus late at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2010, 12:47