We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nat'l Archeological Museum--open Mondays?

Tennessee Ridge...
Level Contributor
24 posts
39 reviews
Nat'l Archeological Museum--open Mondays?

I will be in Athens on 9/20 and 9/21(Sunday and Monday). I intend to see the Acropolis and the surrounding sites on Sunday, the spend most of 9/21 (Monday) at the National Archeological Museum. But, I keep seeing some info that says the Museum is closed on Mondays, other info that it is open 12:30 to 7:00 or 1:00 to 7:30. I really need accurate info, so I don't mess up and miss seeing this Museum. Is it open on Mondays, or not? Thank you for your help!

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
1. Re: Nat'l Archeological Museum--open Mondays?

It is open in the afternoon/evening.

odysseus.culture.gr/h/1/eh155.jsp?obj_id=3249

Tennessee Ridge...
Level Contributor
24 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: Nat'l Archeological Museum--open Mondays?

Thank you for the quick reply, TH13! I was getting worried that I would have to reverse my sightseeing order, but really wanted to do the main sites first, then the museum for the second day.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
3. Re: Nat'l Archeological Museum--open Mondays?

You are very welcome! :-)

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
23,884 posts
43 reviews
4. Re: Nat'l Archeological Museum--open Mondays?

Here is an album from the National Archeological Museum if you like a preview:

http://tinyurl.com/c2npk4

5. Re: Nat'l Archeological Museum--open Mondays?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2010, 11:47