We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Economical hotel/B&B near the airport

Sterling, Virginia
Level Contributor
379 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Economical hotel/B&B near the airport

Hello fellow travellers,

Can someone please suggest an economical hotel or bed and bath to me that is near the airport.

We have an early morning flight to Santorini and wish to be near the airport so we dont have to get up too early.

I have just found two hotels so far - the sofitel and the Holiday In and they are both very expensive.

Does soneone know of a more economical hotel or Bed and Bath or Hostel near the airport since we just need it for one night.

Also, how many hours before departure do you need to get to the airport in Greece - for within Greece and from Greece to Spain since those are the two flights I would be taking.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Economical hotel/B&B near the airport

One hour and a half before your flight is the prperate time,actually is one hour minimum but is better to include 30 minutes more just for safe....

As or alternative to Sofitel or Holliday inn Attica avenue...

St. Thomas B&B

http://www.stay-in-athens.com/

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Economical hotel/B&B near the airport

For flights within Greece, check-in opens 2 hours prior to departure and closes 45 minutes prior to departure.

For international flights it opens 2,5 hours and closes 1 hour prior to departure.

As Gas said, the airport people suggest to be there 1,5 hours before your domestic flight leaves or 2 hours before your international flight leaves.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
926 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Economical hotel/B&B near the airport

lordoftravel

Here are two options for near the airport:

The St Thomas bed and breakfast has some nice reviews here on TA (http://tinyurl.com/38nnb7). Their website is http://www.stay-in-athens.com.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
926 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Economical hotel/B&B near the airport

Whoops, something happened to me in the midst of replying - the other options is the Hotel Pantheon (http://tiny.cc/NnZZO) in Markopoulos, which is close to the airport. They seem to offer a free shuttle to the airport.

Sterling, Virginia
Level Contributor
379 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Economical hotel/B&B near the airport

Thank you al for your replies.

Can someone please also tell me what are the towns/areas next to the ATH international airport and where is the ATH airport located (in which area)

Sometimes these towns may have cheaper hotels.

thanks

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Economical hotel/B&B near the airport

Peania and Markopoulos is the 2 towns close to the aiport...and where the hotels we suggest located....the closest town is Spata...but i dont think that there is a place to stay there...keep in mind that around Aiport is a gigantic empty of any residential or construction activity area....for logical reasons of protection the citizens from the Aircraft turbines or accidents....so there is not something in touch with the aiport....

NZ
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Economical hotel/B&B near the airport

Just wondering how to contact St Thomas B&B and what their rates are?

Beaumont, Texas USA
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Economical hotel/B&B near the airport

Try this:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g562631-d672013…

or this:

travel-library.com/b&b/…_b.html

Beaumont, Texas USA
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Economical hotel/B&B near the airport

Also found this:

St Thomas Bed & Breakfast

Phone: +30 210 6029367

Manager: Janet Wilkinson

NZ
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Economical hotel/B&B near the airport

Great thank you for their contact details. Would you know the details to Pantheon Hotel? Are these the cheapest hotels would you say. It difficult to find cheap hotels around these areas. We would ideally only want to spend 40 or 50 Euros.