We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mask wearing

Mask wearing
Save

I will be arriving in Athens and going to Mykonos afterward. Normally, when I walk around outside, I do not wear a mask. (Only inside, or when talking to waitstaff at an outdoor restaurant.) I was wondering if I'm free to walk outdoors in Athens and Mykonos without one.

Edited: 24 August 2021, 01:53
5 replies to this topic
Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
17,388 posts
81 reviews
156 helpful votes
1. Re: Mask wearing
Save

At the moment yes but they are making an announcement about ongoing measures at noon tomorrow & it has been widely reported that it will include mask wearing outdoors again. Details of what will apply & when will get posted on the Greece forums when we know & will include different rules for vaccinated & unvaccinated.

Edited: 24 August 2021, 01:59
2. Re: Mask wearing
Save

Thanks, will look

Temple, Texas
Level Contributor
12,514 posts
300 reviews
250 helpful votes
3. Re: Mask wearing
Save

Since we will arrive next Thursday, I will be following!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
1,239 posts
40 reviews
54 helpful votes
4. Re: Mask wearing
Save

Checked for updates as soon as I woke up today. Looks like for tourists who are vaxxed the only real change is needing a mask handy if you find yourself in a crowd outdoors, and needing to show proof of vax for ferries/internal flights? Hopefully I am getting accurate news as that's no big deal for us!

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Greece-to-put-new-restrictions-on-unvaccinated-16407574.php

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/latest-cvs-requires-pharmacists-nurses-vaccine-79613973

Temple, Texas
Level Contributor
12,514 posts
300 reviews
250 helpful votes
5. Re: Mask wearing
Save

Thanks for the update RMG07!

It's appreciated.

Reply to: Mask wearing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.