We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiathos - Taxi Costs plus other questions re flight!

9 posts
Skiathos - Taxi Costs plus other questions re flight!

Hi

We've just booked our first family holiday and we haven't flown for nearly 15 years! We are all super excited!

We've booked to stay in Filokalia Aparments in Achladies in Skiathos! My first question is how easy is it to get a taxi from Skiathos to Achladies? And do you know roughly how much this will cost??

Secondly on the flight I know you no longer get those lovely little trays with a meal on, so do people just take their own food? Is the food you buy on the flight super expensive? I have a 6 year old and 10 year old who are hungry constantly so I'm just trying to weigh up the options!

Also with regard to sitting on the plane, do people think it's best to sit parent and child in front and parent and child behind? The seats are 3 x 3 x 3 so I'm not sure whether we should sit in a line with one parent across the aisle or 2 behind each other so both girls can get a look out the window?? So many decisions!

Also any advice on car hire in Skiathos? I've seen some recommendations in the posts on here, we were thinking of getting a car for about 5 days, the Island is small so I'm thinking that will be long enough to have a good look around the whole island?

And finally, sorry for all the questions, but I think Achladies beach is sandy, can anyone confirm this as someone else said it wasn't sandy?

Thanks so much for your advice and if anyone has any other advice or recommendations for Skiathos I'd be most appreciative! Slightly nervous about this as you may tell! haa haa!

Heidi

2 replies to this topic
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
23,760 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: Skiathos - Taxi Costs plus other questions re flight!

Hi Heidi,

and welcome to the forum.

All destinations - islands, towns, main villages, areas etc. in Greece has its own dedicated forum on Trip Advisor. Also note that most of the regular contributors for the different destinations only follow "their" dedicated forum - very few of those look up the main general "Greece" forum.

Repost your question in the dedicated Skiathos forum by following the link below, and you stand a much better chance to get a reply.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g189…

9 posts
2. Re: Skiathos - Taxi Costs plus other questions re flight!

Oh that's great thanks for the info! Yes a bit new to tripadvisor forum!

Reply to: Skiathos - Taxi Costs plus other questions re flight!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted