We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar to watch football in Braga?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Bar to watch football in Braga?

Hi folks

I will be in Braga next week for match between Braga and Sion. Does anyone know which bars will show Champions League football afterwards? I have looked for sports bars etc but not with success.

Thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,464 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Bar to watch football in Braga?

You won't find sports bars as such in a place like Braga. Every bar has a TV and on Champions League nights they will be showing games.

Local channels do show highlights etc 'afterwards' so best ask around once there. The stadium at Braga is a little way out of town, so best get some local advice or by the time you get back into town and find somewhere, everything might have finished..

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
592 posts
317 reviews
2. Re: Bar to watch football in Braga?

Are you looking to have dinner or just to watch the games and down a few beers? There are plenty of places for both, and you'll find them easily once in the center.

Taberna Belga would be a good bet for dinner.

As for bars, Chibaria used to have many TVs for football (I have not visited in a while).

Just a heads-up: Braga-Sion is a Europa League game held on Thursday, so no Champions League games will be held that day. You'll probably end up watching UEL aftermatches, especially since Braga, FC Porto and Sporting CP will all be playing that night, and not UCL aftermatches.

Cheers!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
3. Re: Bar to watch football in Braga?

Thanks.

espm252, the Braga vs Sion match is listed as 17:00 kick-off on Wednesday.

I think I'll just be looking for beer and tv's rather than dinner as well.

Obrigado.

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
592 posts
317 reviews
4. Re: Bar to watch football in Braga?

Hi Morier,

Ok, my mistake. Didn't know there was such a thing as an Europa League game on Wednesdays.

If that's the case, and if Chibaria is out of hand, if just wander around the center you'll find a place pretty quick. I remember hanging around at a place nearby jardim de Santa Bárbara but I can't remember the name.

Cheers!

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
86 reviews
5. Re: Bar to watch football in Braga?

Watched Braga vs Porto last night at the stadium. Good game and stadium has a cliff at one end and trees at the other. Interesting. The way to get a ticket is to go to Braga Sporting supporters shop in Braga Parque to buy one mine was 20 euros. (Braga Parque is a bit out of town but c. 7 euros by taxi and about half an hour pleasant walk if you want). Getting to the stadium on match night by bus (and back) is tricky. There is a bus before the match that says Estadio Municipal on the front but you need to ask where it stops as not many people seem to know. I got it at the bottom of the Praca do Conde Agrolongo. There were two other Braga supporters there but the bus was already pretty full. Coming back is tricky as it comes back a different way and doesn't go into the city centre at all. I missed my stop and had to get a cab back to town. Great stadium, great game, well worth the hassle.

6. Re: Bar to watch football in Braga?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2017, 15:48
Get answers to your questions about Braga