We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best day to visit - any day to avoid

rochester, kent
Level Contributor
70 posts
461 reviews
Save Topic
Best day to visit - any day to avoid

Hi. I am trying to work out my Porto itinerary and am planning to visit Braga for a day between the 19th June - 24th June and am wondering if there is any day to avoid due to things being shut etc thanks

Mentioned in this post
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Braga
Braga
Braga District, Portugal
2 replies to this topic
Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
195 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best day to visit - any day to avoid

St. John's festival is celebrated in both cities, so tough call to make. The 24th will be a slow day in both, many will be hungover and a lot of stores/attractions will be closed. I'd suggest using this day for something like strolling along the Foz in Porto, stopping for a drink or two on one of the beaches.

Mentioned in this post
Foz
Foz
Province of Lugo, Spain
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
rochester, kent
Level Contributor
70 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best day to visit - any day to avoid

Many thanks for your advice. Does anyone know what attractions will be shut in Braga on the 24th June ? and will many restaurants be shut also.......if so, are there any recommendations for a restaurant that will be open for lunch.......traditional food please ? Are there any festivities to look out for on this day ? I am not bothered about shopping so don't care if the shops are shut, and it seems that Braga is known for its churches. Will Bom Jesus do Monte be open please on this day ? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Braga
Braga
Braga District, Portugal
Reply to: Best day to visit - any day to avoid
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Braga