We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in or Pico de Regalados or Vila Verde?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in or Pico de Regalados or Vila Verde?

Hello, this is just outside Braga but I'm hoping someone can help anyway. I'm considering different places to stay and wondered if anyone knows if there are any restaurants in the village of Pico de Regalados and/or Vila Verde? I think Vila Verde is OK but Im struggling to find out anything about Pico de Regalados. Any info on size/facilities/what it's like welcome, thank you

7 replies to this topic
Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
196 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in or Pico de Regalados or Vila Verde?

Yes, there are restaurants but it is a pretty small village so don't expect anything fancy...

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in or Pico de Regalados or Vila Verde?

Hi thank you so much for replying. We definitely don't need anything fancy, just a regular place. Can I ask though, did you mean there are restaurants in pico or just in vila verde?

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
196 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in or Pico de Regalados or Vila Verde?

I was referring to Pico de Regalados. Vila Verde has plenty to choose from, no problem there. Pico will be a lot smaller and you'll probably only find a couple of low-key very local snack-bars/restaurants.

My wife is from Vila Verde but we're in Porto now and I'm not really familiar with the local restaurant scene, we tend to spend all of our time there with family. I do wonder, however, why Pico de Regalados? What drew you there, if I may ask?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in or Pico de Regalados or Vila Verde?

Hi, it's the first time we've been to Portugal (apart from the Azores) & this area looks fantastic. It's really a villa that's drawn us to Pico de Regalados (mainly because it has a much bigger pool than the others we've looked at). We'll have a car to get about but we didn't want to be totally isolated (it's nice to walk out to at least one shop and cafe/restaurant). We're really looking forward to exploring.

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
196 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in or Pico de Regalados or Vila Verde?

OK, great. With a car you'll have no problems. For shops and restaurants you'll probably end up going to Vila Verde. You're obviously driving through Gerês, don't forget Ponte de Lima, Viana do Castelo and perhaps the Thursday market in Barcelos, if that's something you might enjoy.

Woodbridge, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in or Pico de Regalados or Vila Verde?

Hi Sharmck ... just wondering if you did go to this area in the end and what you found by way of restaurants/facilities at Pico de Regalados. We're looking at a lovely villa near here (probably the same one you were!) and don't want to have to drive everywhere so are really hoping there are some dining options (casual is fine, nothing fancy) in PdR. If you went, how did you find it? Thanks and best wishes, Jo

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in or Pico de Regalados or Vila Verde?

Did you ever find any more out about Pico de Regalados? We are considering a villa near there and have the same questions you did?

Thanks

Reply to: Restaurants in or Pico de Regalados or Vila Verde?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Braga