We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Personal use of codeine

1 post
Save Topic
Personal use of codeine

Hi .I have crohns disease and have an ileostomy .I'm going for wk can I take my codeine with me x

3 replies to this topic
Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
10,660 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Personal use of codeine

I am not aware that codeine is a banned drug here, as in some countries, but you need to bring a copy prescription with you and keep the medication in it's original packing. Pack in you hand luggage so that if luggage is delayed or missing, you still have your medication. Many painkillers etc are available over the counter in Madeira without prescription, but if yours is a prescribed drug, just bring enough for your needs. The chances are you woun't be asked about them.

Mentioned in this post
Madeira
Madeira
Madeira Islands, Portugal
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Personal use of codeine

hello Marie O , Yes I bring co codomol when I go to England and visa a versa, always ok. also you can buy them here, but it´s best to bring your prescription to be on the safe side.

Have a great holiday

Mentioned in this post
England
England
United Kingdom
Bridge of Weir
Level Contributor
335 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Personal use of codeine

I have never seen any form of control on what is in your luggage when landing at an EU airport on an internal EU flight.

When entering Australia I make sure I have a copy of my prescription, the drugs are in original boxes and I only have enough for my trip plus a few spares for delays. This, I hope, will make it difficult for any customs officer having a bad day to accuse me of trafficking!

Edited: 13 June 2018, 23:06
Reply to: Personal use of codeine
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Funchal
;