We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lisbon/Sintra/Cascais itinerary/questions

New York
Level Contributor
77 posts
146 reviews
Lisbon/Sintra/Cascais itinerary/questions

Hi, I will be in Portugal next week and it's my first visit to the country. Need suggestion for the following.

Day1 - Monday. Arrive 10 am to the airport and straight to Sintra to visit Quinta Da Regaleira. Overnight at Sintra. Not sure how soon I can get to Sintra and with the remaining of the day, is that enough time to visit this magical place?

Day2 - 434 bus to Pena and Moor.

Day3 - Early morning to Cabo Da Roca and Praia Ursa then back to hotel to check out to Cascais. 403/417 going from Sintra to Cascais as well, or just take a taxi since I will have luggage?

Day4/5 - Cascais - what is there to see and do? I will love to visit Cabo Da Inferno.

Day6/7 - Cascais to Lisbon, Cais Do Sodré station. How to get to HF Fénix Lisboa hotel? Look like a green line to Baixa and change to blue to Marques de Pombal, not sure if this is the nearest stop to the hotel.

Thanks for helping!

8 replies to this topic
Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
113 reviews
1. Re: Lisbon/Sintra/Cascais itinerary/questions

day1-while you don't say where your staying in sintra if your flight arrives on time i think you'll have plenty of time to enjoy regaleira.

day3-as you have luggage i would for convenience sake take a taxi to cascais.it's been a few years since i went to praia ursa but i doubt much has changed since then so hopefully this will help you

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/showtopic-g189…

day 4/5-you don't mention where your staying in cascais but from the center you can either take the bus to boca do inferno or if you don't mind a 30 minute walk it's a very pleasant one and you'll pass a few attractions along the way that might well interest you.

day6/7-looks good to me.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
614 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Lisbon/Sintra/Cascais itinerary/questions

The bus from Sintra to Cascais is a typical municipal bus for locals. You certainly can bring a suit case aboard, but if you have a lot of luggage a cab may be a better option. The bus stop in Cascais is downstairs from the Cascais Villa Shopping Center. You can check out that location on the internet to see if it is close to your hotel in Cascais. The TA site has a good description of Cascais.

New York
Level Contributor
77 posts
146 reviews
3. Re: Lisbon/Sintra/Cascais itinerary/questions

Day1/2 stay at Hotel Nova Sintra which is a few mins walk per Google map from the train station and about 30 min walk from the hotel to Quinta, which is ok for us.

Day3/4/5 stay at Estalagem Muchaxo Hotel, not close to the town center. Not sure what other transportation available besides taxi. Maybe 415/417 when need to go to that area?

Day6/7 am I correct for which Metro to take?

thanks again.

New York
Level Contributor
77 posts
146 reviews
4. Re: Lisbon/Sintra/Cascais itinerary/questions

thank you!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
25,217 posts
57 reviews
5. Re: Lisbon/Sintra/Cascais itinerary/questions

Day3 stay at Estalagem Muchaxo Hotel - that's in Guincho beach! Kms away from Cascais... Take a taxi to this hotel first thing in the morning... don't waste time going back and forth to Sintra....then take the bus to Cabo da Roca and Praia da Ursa (hope that your are a good hiker to go to Praia da Ursa, it's not easy and even dangerous in certain weather conditions).

Staying at Guincho you have little options for bus transportation (bus #417 doesn't go by there). Bus #403 goes to cabo da roca, Bus #405 goes to Cascais via Guincho.

Day6/7 am I correct for which Metro to take? Yes.

New York
Level Contributor
77 posts
146 reviews
6. Re: Lisbon/Sintra/Cascais itinerary/questions

Hi Ptnov64. The reason for the back & forth on day3 is the bus station at Sintra is close to Hotel Nova if I am correct, for 403 for Roca rather than to Estalagem and then to Cascais to Roca. I can understand I may have pressure and rush thru Roca/Ursa if doing it from Sintra. I will look into your suggestion.

thank you very much.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
335 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: Lisbon/Sintra/Cascais itinerary/questions

Guincho is really beautiful but Estalagem Muchaxo is not really a great location to stay without a car because public transport is very limited and the last bus is very early evening, so you'll have to use taxis to come back from dinner for example.

Let me just join ptnov64 in telling you that Praia da ursa hike can be a dangerous one and there were some accidents in recent years. Use adequate footwear and be careful.

Edited: 17 September 2018, 17:22
New York
Level Contributor
77 posts
146 reviews
8. Re: Lisbon/Sintra/Cascais itinerary/questions

Hi sms6778, Ursa is beautiful! I have done some research and thanks for your warning. I will think safety first and will not proceed to go down to the beach if conditions are not allowed. Hope still can see the beautiful scenery on the top.

thanks!

Reply to: Lisbon/Sintra/Cascais itinerary/questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sintra
Recent Conversations